PDA

View Full Version : Reduced engine power 2017 Silverado

SPi
April 20th, 2017, 03:16 AM
2017 Silverado 6.2 -8 spd auto. We installed longtubes and an F1A Procharger. Truck is tuned and our client has been enjoying for a couple months now. Only real issue I have is that ever since the first time i flashed my first tune into it I get a "reduced engine power " message on the dash. The truck runs and drives fine, no codes in the ECM or anywhere else i scan the truck. I have tried a number of things including flashing back to stock adn the message always appears when you start the truck. It's more of annoyance then anything but I would like to fix it for my client. Any ideas ?
This is the tune.

SPi
June 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Bump

June 7th, 2017, 10:38 AM
If you adjusted your speed limiter, move it back a bit.

bobo
July 24th, 2017, 02:24 PM
If you adjusted your speed limiter, move it back a bit.

x2. You can also log the reduce engine power reason. I had one for speed limit mismatch with onstar. Moved speed limiter lower and message is gone.

SPi
July 25th, 2017, 05:30 AM
Thanks guys, I finally have the truck back at the shop. I'll give this a shot and report back.

SPi
July 27th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Well, I moved the speed limiter lower and it fixed my issue up right away!! Thanks bobo and 1906 !!

GMPX
July 27th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Good feedback, what a strange thing that is though.

SPi
July 27th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Yah GMPX, very strange. Truck is running very well, at least 15000 kms put on it now and that was the only issue. I would have thought it would effect other things as well.

Abesstorage
November 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I have almost the identical truck. 2017 6.2 with Procharger and 8 speed. I’m getting ECM driven throttle blade flutter after 5000 rpm and up to the shift under WOT. Did you experience this? Assume i need to remove torque reduction somewhere?

SPi
November 13th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Abesstorage, I don't think I experienced that but I will look at some of my datalogs to confirm for you. I will say that this truck did not drive well at all until I tuned the 8spd trans. The trans. tuning transformed this truck completely, it wasn't enjoyable to drive before I did. It performed well on the dyno, but the street manners and shift characteristics under heavy throttle or WOT were not good.

Abesstorage
November 13th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Got it, I did tune the trans and you are correct, huge difference!! Anyway you would be willing to share your ECM tune so I can compare to my tables?

SPi
November 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Post your tune, or PM me with it and I would be happy to take a look and compare to mine. You can email me @ spitune@live.com too