PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Envoy/Trailblazer Support?

fyi
June 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hi folks-

Is there support for the 2005 4.2L I-6 Envoy and Trailblazer yet? I ask because even though I have the latest version 7.3.2 fully loaded into my notebook PC and operating normally on other cars, I cannot seem read the PCM in my wife's 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I get the error message of "Out of Resources" or "This PCM Calibration Has Not Been Encountered by EFI Live Before".

Do I have something missing here?

Thanks for your time. :wave:

-john

fyi
June 13th, 2006, 04:37 AM
12 views on this topic and no one here knows anything about it???????? Blacky? GMPX? Anyone..............?

Is this model year using a CAN protocol?

:wave:
john

fyi
June 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Is this my answer I just found?
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2430

john

ringram
June 13th, 2006, 08:14 AM
try a pm

wait4me
June 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM
http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV732_416_540_467.exe

That has the latest updates. That other link is very old.

fyi
June 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I just confirmed what version is installed on my notebook and the editor software version is 7.3.2 w/ a build of 434. The scanner exe. is version 7.3.2 w/ a build of 373 and the obdIIV7.dll is also version 7.3.2 w/ a build of 525.

Are these the latest files I need? Accoring to my understanding of the contents of the link you sent Jesse, I don't have the latest that I should have...

FYI~ I did perform a disk cleanup and defragmentation the entire hard drive as well. Just doing that maintainance alone made processing faster.

Thank you.

-john

GMPX
June 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
The link Jesse posted is the only public release that has Trailblazer support, you will need to download and install that, yours is too old.
2005 IL6 Trailblazers are supported.

Cheers,
Ross

fyi
June 13th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the information/clarification. :)

-john

blandmiller
June 14th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Are there added features or table parameters in the 540 467 release or does it just add the public '05 TB support?

GMPX
June 14th, 2006, 03:24 AM
No, the cal files have not been updated since that release.......soon :)

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
June 21st, 2006, 10:08 AM
I've got build 467 and can't read the pcm on the Envoy I6 nor a Trailblazer I6. Am I missing something? Jesse is offering tunes for the I6 so I must not have downloaded an update or something??

Just downloaded the whole shaa bang and it still won't read the PCM.

wait4me
June 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM
What error is it giving you? A dumb question, when you select read pcm, are you selecting the il6 computer at the top?

fyi
June 22nd, 2006, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I followed your earlier post and uploaded the new updates into EFI Live that you provided in that link. All is well now. :)
:thankyou2:

-john

MN C5
June 22nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
What error is it giving you? A dumb question, when you select read pcm, are you selecting the il6 computer at the top?

The Trailblazer turned out to be a 5.3 not a I6 :nixweiss: . The Envoy is at the dealer now getting a new PCM. I know the guys there and asked them to reflash the factory cal and the TechII wouldn't read it either.

wait4me
June 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
if the car works, then the pcm is not bad.
Normally it is just a blown fuse on the pin 58

MN C5
June 22nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Good info I'm going to call them and see if they will give it to me as long as they think its non functional:bash:

fyi
August 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
This is an old thread, but I thought I'd chime in with my calibration results to date. I made all pulls in 2nd gear to keep the wheel speed from getting out of control and the T.C. was unlocked during all pulls. Power went up from 201 RWHP/203 RWTQ to 210 RWHP/208 RWTQ and the biggest improvement was the area under the curve and the smooth, un-interrupted power delivery from 2000 RPM all the way to 6100 RPM. What a positive difference!

I've built Spark and KR maps in the scanner to dial those tables in so no det was present *anywhere* in the powerband. Now I can put 87 octane fuel in the truck for normal commuting around town w/out any det events and when I want to pull our 6'x12' enclosed ATV tralier fully loaded, I put in 93 octane fuel, for which it will pull it around w/out det anywhere either, no matter what the outside ambient temps are! WooHoo, this thing is how it should have came from the factory. :)

I did find out that this engine likes a 12.4:1 AFR when pulling a load for best det-free power and it seems to like that same AFR for the 87 octane fuel also- all this and it still gained 1.7 MPG average.

Fuel trims are -2 to -5 everywhere and it starts/runs a LOT better than it ever has before.

I'm a happy camper now and my wife thinks she has a Top Fueler for a DD now! Heh..heh...!

-john

joecar
August 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
fyi, good work. :cheers:

fyi
August 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Oh...BTW, the factory setting of PE engagement and it's related algorythims are a complete joke for anything related to power or efficiency and I'm still trying to figure out what GM was thinking here when they did it this way...

It seems as if they are purposefully staving off the PE mode with a multitude of parameters that need to be met/agree to improve fuel economy I'd guess, meanwhile the engine stays pinned at stoich during heavy load, for which det. gets progressively worse anyway due to the lean condition under load!! Then, they decide to flood the engine with EGR in an effort to cool the combustion process down to control at least *some* of the 4*-6* of det. that consistantly occurs during this mess.. Finally.....after 85% engine load and a million parameters that are met, PE kicks in~ but by then, the full throttle event from the driver has probably ended and everything starts back to zero all over again. Stupid...just plain stupid design.

Once I figured out where the engine liked PE to come in at (about 57% engine load or so) and targeted both spark curves to work with the richer fuel mixture, the power went right up and the det. events went right down! The fuel economy improved too, which was a welcome side-effect.

There were a number of silly tables set up like this from GM throughout the PCM calibration that I massaged for improved all-around performance/economy and it seems to be the sum of all those itty-bitty refinements that led to the greatest overall improvements I guess. :)

-john

joecar
August 29th, 2006, 09:59 AM
"...and then they decide the cats are overheating so they dump fuel..." :D

fyi
August 29th, 2006, 11:17 AM
"...and then they decide the cats are overheating so they dump fuel..." :D
No kidding!

From what I can surmise, it seems as if GM is intentionally delaying the PE mode to "save fuel" and relying on COT to artificially add fuel in place of PE for the short-term for as long as they can during a full throttle event. The VE tables also show this type of fueling curve. Then...when the driver is at full throttle long enough, COT shuts off and PE slides in as a replacement for long-term full throttle fueling.

No wonder these cars make so much power when all of that crap is sorted out in a linear fashion for performance applications...sheesh. :eek:

-john

blandmiller
August 30th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Very nice, I'm glad I am not the only one scratching my head trying to make sense out of GM's programming for the LL8.