PDA

View Full Version : Address range out of bounds

koolky
April 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Error:

User defined definitions for most older controllers may be defined outside of the calibration data area by checking the option: View->Properties->[Options]->"Allow *.cax files to modify operating system memory for some controllers."

I have that option checked off but it still wont let me load that address. Is there another way around this? I understand the address is off limits to prevent a .cax error from bricking an ECM but I'm confident that the changes made wont lead to that. Currently working with LBZ ECM.

koolky
October 23rd, 2017, 06:30 PM
I've been rescaling axis' and it'd be handy to be able to modify this address range with a CAX vs alternative programs.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Address Range Report
The following calibrations have been excluded:

- User calibration: 1D4F54 address range $1AC004..$1AC016 is out of bounds.

User defined definitions for most older controllers may be defined outside of the calibration data area by checking the option: View->Properties->[Options]->"Allow *.cax files to modify operating system memory for some controllers."

Blacky
October 24th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I've been rescaling axis' and it'd be handy to be able to modify this address range with a CAX vs alternative programs.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Address Range Report
The following calibrations have been excluded:

- User calibration: 1D4F54 address range $1AC004..$1AC016 is out of bounds.

Is this still for LBZ? Because that address range should be valid, it should not be reported as "out of bounds" for LBZ.
Can you send me the cax definition and the *.ctz file that you are working with and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is?
Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 24th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Is this still for LBZ? Because that address range should be valid, it should not be reported as "out of bounds" for LBZ.
Can you send me the cax definition and the *.ctz file that you are working with and I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is?
Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

My Mistake, that address is out of bounds for LBZ.
You can't create *.cax definitions for the DSP2 or DSP5 calibrations. You can only create cax definitions for the stock calibrations.

Regards
Paul

koolky
October 24th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Ok, thanks for looking into it for me. I get why that range is protected. I've had luck rescaling the axis' and logging up to 200mm3 in the original tables but as soon as the DSP range is modified the file opens without the DSP tables visible.