PDA

View Full Version : Tow haul mode

cyipher
May 3rd, 2017, 05:09 AM
Can the scanner be used to tell if the transmission is in tow haul mode? trying to diag if its the switch on the shifter or a bulb issue in the dash.

Thanks
Kyle

Move'n Up
May 3rd, 2017, 09:51 AM
As long as that's a PID that can be viewed.

Chavez91
May 3rd, 2017, 03:50 PM
Can the scanner be used to tell if the transmission is in tow haul mode? trying to diag if its the switch on the shifter or a bulb issue in the dash.

Thanks
Kyle

IIRC, Log 'Transmission State 07'

There should be one called Trailering/Hauling Shift Pattern

Another that might work is 'Transmission State 08'

Secondary Shift Schedule (input)

I dont remember exactly, but atleast one of those should trigger with the tow haul button.

THEFERMANATOR
May 18th, 2017, 02:29 PM
IIRC, Log 'Transmission State 07'

There should be one called Trailering/Hauling Shift Pattern

Another that might work is 'Transmission State 08'

Secondary Shift Schedule (input)

I dont remember exactly, but atleast one of those should trigger with the tow haul button.
Theres actually 2 pids that change when in tow/haul mode. I don't remember which one it was, I just know I logged all of the transmissions state pid's, and there was 2 that changed when it actually went into tow/haul mode. I found this out after I ran a TCM from a tuner who said he put tow/haul on a toggle switch for me. It changed the secondary shift schedule pid, but not another one, and it never left normal shift mode other than it changed to a different a adapt set when the toggle switch was on. Wish I could remember more, but it's been almost 8 years now since I was trying to figure that out.