PDA

View Full Version : Autocal question.

andysc3
May 5th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Hello all, o found a new autocal for sale locally but is from a tuning company. My question is would i be able to log and update tune files on various vehicles? It has tunes from the tuner already on it. Its a diesel tune if that matters

KhakiCummins
May 5th, 2017, 02:58 AM
You could do data logging with it but you can't do any tuning with the AutoCal, you would have to go through the tuner for that.

Move'n Up
May 5th, 2017, 03:14 AM
As KhakiCummins stated Data Logging is all you would be able to do. Anything else would require the Tuner that it is Locked to.

Also on that Tuner can Unlock it to use with another tuner but, that's not always easy to negotiate! The tunes that are currently on it are VIN locked to whatever truck they were written for.

andysc3
May 5th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Its an anachary mercanary autocal. A guy bought it but never used it on his truck. Hes selling it for $250. I have a mini maxx now and was debating on getting the mcc tuning software and being able to data log my changes would be nice. But i have several other gm vehicles and it would be awesome to ues that instead of my laptop which wont hold a charge. Maybe get an hour of data logging and tuning before i have to charge it back up.

andysc3
May 5th, 2017, 06:18 AM
I have an 11 ram 2500 6.7L cummins now.

KhakiCummins
May 5th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Its an anachary mercanary autocal. A guy bought it but never used it on his truck. Hes selling it for $250. I have a mini maxx now and was debating on getting the mcc tuning software and being able to data log my changes would be nice. But i have several other gm vehicles and it would be awesome to ues that instead of my laptop which wont hold a charge. Maybe get an hour of data logging and tuning before i have to charge it back up.

If he never really used it and the VIN license is still available on it, $250 would be a good deal.

Otherwise, used AutoCals normally sell for around $200 considering that you would need to buy a VIN license for it to tune a vehicle. That puts you at $325 for something ready to tune one of your vehicles. You can get a brand new blank AutoCal with the included VIN for $350.