PDA

View Full Version : bench harness

minytrker
June 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Has anyone made there own harness from just having the two plugs? I came across the plug for the pcm and the ODBII plug under the dash, but they are just the empty plugs with no pins in them. They came with a box of pins, though. If I just install the pins shown in the how to on here is that all I need?

minytrker
June 14th, 2006, 02:33 AM
anyone?

ringram
June 14th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Try the "Bench Harness Tutorial.pdf"
Its included with the latest version. Look under help.

minytrker
June 14th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I read that, thats where I got the wiring info. My question is has anyone used just the plugs for the pcm and a odbII plug and wired up just the wires on the tutorial and make a working harness.

ringram
June 14th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Ive seen what I understand to be the working example from the tutorial on Paul's bench in the efilive workshop. So I imagine it works just fine.

minytrker
June 15th, 2006, 03:42 AM
anyone know where the female 9 pin connectors go? All I have is the blue connector and the OBDII plug.

joecar
June 15th, 2006, 05:09 AM
anyone know where the female 9 pin connectors go? All I have is the blue connector and the OBDII plug.I believe the female 9 pin D connector is used in lieu of the OBD-II connector; you can use either one, in your case you don't need the 9 pin D connector unless the blue OBD-II connector is missing any pins.