PDA

View Full Version : Help tuning with larger injectors

RonnieW
May 7th, 2017, 03:31 AM
I want to switch to e85 eventually. I need to go from 83 to 120 lb injectors. I know I should tune the injectors in on 93 oct gas first. I have a decent tune on the 83 lb injectors now. I tried changing to the 120s and was have a hard time getting it to idle. I need help with the tune to get started. I have the injector data attached and need someone to tell me which tables I should put the data in. I tried but feel like I may have inserted some wrong. After the tables, what changes should I make to the 83 lb injector tune so I can start the 120 lb injector tune? I have a vac referenced return style fuel system. Thanks

RonnieW
May 8th, 2017, 01:49 AM
This is the tune file I started playing with. Please see where I put the wrong date in. Thanks

GM Offset=table?
GM Flow=table?
GM Spa=table?
GM min PW=table?
What else needs changing to go from 83 to 120lb injectors?

joecar
May 8th, 2017, 04:05 AM
GM Offset=table?
B3701
Use the first table on the GM Offsets tab, you have to transpose it.

GM Flow=table?
B4001
Use the first table on the GM Flow tab, you have to transpose it

GM Spa=table?
B4005
Use the first table on the GM SPA tab, you have to transpose it

GM min PW=table?
B4003
Use the first table on the GM min PW tab, you have to transpose it

What else needs changing to go from 83 to 120lb injectors?
You have to set B9021 Minimum Transient Pulsewidth to some smaller value.

RonnieW
May 8th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Great. I'll try these tomorrow or as soon as I can. Should the engine start up and drive with only these changes to where I can adjust the VE table to the AFR I need?

joecar
May 8th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Did the engine run ok on the previous injectors...?

Post your previous tune (which had the previous injectors).

joecar
May 8th, 2017, 11:27 AM
If it ran ok with the previous injectors, it should run ok with the new injectors as long as the data is correct for them.

You may have to adjust B9021 to get as small a pulsewidth as you can at idle.

RonnieW
May 9th, 2017, 02:13 AM
If it ran ok with the previous injectors, it should run ok with the new injectors as long as the data is correct for them.

You may have to adjust B9021 to get as small a pulsewidth as you can at idle.

I don't have B9021. What else could it be?

joecar
May 9th, 2017, 04:51 AM
I don't have B9021. What else could it be?
See attached, unzip contents, copy the *.cax file to C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

then restart tunetool, search for B9021, make its value half.

RonnieW
May 9th, 2017, 05:01 AM
See attached, unzip contents, copy the *.cax file to C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

then restart tunetool, search for B9021, make its value half.

Got it, Thanks Joecar

RonnieW
May 10th, 2017, 01:45 AM

Got it fired up and idling but it's pig rich and doesn't seem to change any from around 10.8 afr. I have reduced the VE table by about 50% around idle without any changes in the AFR. I figured that I had better ask for help before I go any further. I also reduced the b9021 table by another 25% and no help.

joecar
May 10th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Post a log file of it idling.

RonnieW
May 10th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I'll do one tomorrow. I've been messing with it all day. I tried modifying all the tables that we changed as data for the 120 injectors. Nothing would make it idle at anything except in the mid to upper 10s for afr. I finally put the data for the 83 injectors back in and changed the afr table to 100 lb injectors and was getting a fairly decent idle and the afr was back closer to normal. What would you like to look at that would help you with this now. I called the injector people and it sounds like they are having trouble with the injector data. The guy I talked to didn't seem to be very technical on the injectors. The company is HPinjectors

joecar
May 10th, 2017, 12:12 PM
hmmm, that tells me the data did not match the injectors...

once the injector data is sorted out, the next thing is to get some logs and see how the MAF and/or VE (whichever one is being used) tables are doing (in terms of correcting them).

RonnieW
May 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM
I may need more help getting the data sorted out. I'll see what I can do before I have bug you too much. I'm SD so VE is what I'm working with.

statesman
May 11th, 2017, 04:53 AM
Those are really big injectors... set {B4003}, {B4004} & {B9021} all to about 0.3 and see if that helps.

RonnieW
May 11th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Those are really big injectors... set {B4003}, {B4004} & {B9021} all to about 0.3 and see if that helps.

Yes, I'm going to e85 fuel if I ever get these tuned in. I appreciate any help. I am getting frustrated trying to tune this thing. Never had so much trouble. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'm way off here. I thought the larger the pw the more fuel. My original problem with the data was that idle was way to rich and I could not get it to lean out any. Will this help that problem? Editing because I saw 3 instead of .3. Not so confused now.