PDA

View Full Version : 2004 4l60e not shifting out of first.

bubba68ss
May 10th, 2017, 03:26 PM
The problem. When starting off in Drive it will not shift out of first. If I put it in 3 it won't shift either. In 2 it will start off in 2 and stay there. It is a 2004 4l60e which was built by a local guy. He said it was built with different parts but setup to work as a 2004.

With scan tool connected I can command the shift solenoids and make it shift just fine. It has a good VSS signal that is accurate, it is a Dakota digital 8k pulse generator on the back of a t case. I have tried another pcm with different flash. Still no difference.

Is there any way to monitor if the pcm is actually commanding the gear change and it is simply not producing at the trans end? Or PCM for that matter?

joecar
May 11th, 2017, 05:57 AM
The pid GM.GEAR shows the current commanded gear.

Does the pid SAE.VSS show the correct mph...?

Does the pid GM.TP show the correct throttle open %...?

Post the tune file.

joecar
May 11th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Log these pids:
- SAE.RPM
- SAE.VSS
- GM.TP for DBC or GM.ETCTP for DBW
- GM.TRQENG
- GM.TFMPRS
- SAE.ETC
- GM.TFT
- GM.GEAR
- GM.TCCMODE
- GM.TSHIFT
- GM.TSTATE02
- GM.TSTATE04
- GM.TSTATE05
- GM.TSTATE06
- GM.TSTATE07
- GM.TSTATE08
- GM.TSTATE12

bubba68ss
November 28th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Update.... ugghhh, somehow my upshift table had been corrupted and all the values were about 8 times what they should have been. So I simply wasn't hitting my shift points. How embarrassing.

joecar
November 30th, 2017, 06:55 AM
Stuff happens (you should see what happens when you accidentally "drag" the mouse/cursor across the screen).

Whenever I make any changes, I compare with the previous version to sanity check myself.