PDA

View Full Version : E98 Vats PAtch

SkyMadness
May 13th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Hello Guys,

Do you have any news regarding the VATS delete on the E98 ecms?

Thanks in Advance!

GMPX
May 13th, 2017, 07:59 AM
I am sure we can do it but it has not been pursued because nobody had attempted a conversion, whenever anyone has something ready to try we can look at it.

SkyMadness
May 13th, 2017, 05:31 PM
I am sure we can do it but it has not been pursued because nobody had attempted a conversion, whenever anyone has something ready to try we can look at it.

We are starting a diesel transplant and we have stuck in the VATS part. Could you look at it?

GMPX
May 14th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I'd need to know what OS number is in the ECM you are tuning, perhaps if you can please Email the file you've read from the ECM to support@efilive.com with VATS removal as the title I can take a look.

SkyMadness
May 15th, 2017, 06:04 AM
I'd need to know what OS number is in the ECM you are tuning, perhaps if you can please Email the file you've read from the ECM to support@efilive.com with VATS removal as the title I can take a look.

Hello,

File's sent.

Thanks in advance!

GMPX
May 17th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Ok I have the file but I didn't realise this was going to be from an Opel, I assumed it would be a 2.8L Colorado. It's ok but it'll take a bit more investigation as the Opel programs we have not had a lot of experience with and they are quite different to the Colorado, I'll keep you updated on progress.

SkyMadness
May 17th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Ok I have the file but I didn't realise this was going to be from an Opel, I assumed it would be a 2.8L Colorado. It's ok but it'll take a bit more investigation as the Opel programs we have not had a lot of experience with and they are quite different to the Colorado, I'll keep you updated on progress.

Thank you very much for your effort! I am looking forward to hear from you soon!

SkyMadness
June 12th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Hi Ross,

Thank you for your support. I have tried the ECM on a vehicle and it started without any VATS programming! Although this operationg system requires a fuel pump ecu in the network. Could i send you a file from a car without fuel pump ecu in the network?

Thanks!!

GMPX
June 12th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Sure you can, but I did recently go over all the E98 Operating Systems and add the VATS patch in so everyone will have access to them shortly. But with your file if you can't wait for the next update then please Email it over to support.

SkyMadness
June 12th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Sure you can, but I did recently go over all the E98 Operating Systems and add the VATS patch in so everyone will have access to them shortly. But with your file if you can't wait for the next update then please Email it over to support.

Thank you Ross,

I am going to send you the file straight forward because the engine is on the chassis and we facing a problem now :). Thank you in advance!

Regards

Tre-Cool
October 25th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Just an FYI if anyone ever needs to get this to work.

Tried a spare ecu in a colorado, had to disable vats, & change the vats type from 2 to 3.

Without changing vats type, no fuel pump would run or pulse injectors.

derkscustomcars
January 11th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Hello, I am also looking at a swap for a customer and need to remove the VATS in a 2018 E98, the VATS option is not available.

GMPX
January 11th, 2022, 10:37 AM
What OS are you working with?

derkscustomcars
January 11th, 2022, 11:35 AM
Customer hasn't purchased the donor vehicle yet, but If i want his donor to be compatible with the VATS delete patch, what years should he be looking for?

GMPX
January 11th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Every patch is OS specific, we have not done any VATS patches for E98 beyond 2016. However they can be done on a case by case basis, whatever year he chooses we should be able to get it sorted for him.

derkscustomcars
January 11th, 2022, 01:22 PM
Thanks, I'll talk to my customer...

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

derkscustomcars
January 13th, 2022, 08:09 AM
This is the OS 24000081 I hope that can be done

GMPX
January 13th, 2022, 09:11 AM
That is a 2020 OS as an FYI. The VATS info is not currently defined for that OS but we can do it, no problem.

derkscustomcars
January 14th, 2022, 07:28 AM
Awesome, I will let him know