PDA

View Full Version : Newb

Crfingnutz
May 23rd, 2017, 02:15 AM
I just bought a 08 2500hd. It had efilive and the dsp5 installed in 2013. The previous owner didnt know much about the tune, just left it in one position for towing. We'll my 3yr old decided to play with the knob so now I'm not sure what program it's on. Is it safe to turn the know while I'm driving or should I be stopped. Any help in teaching me about this would be appreciated!

SASDakota
May 23rd, 2017, 08:42 AM
Whos DSP5 tuning is it?

The design of the system you can switch the tunes with your DSP5 knob while engine is running. It is advised to not do this while accelerating. We do not know what the tuning consists of so it is very difficult to answer beyond that.

Monster50iii
June 1st, 2017, 09:20 AM
The problem is the Allison is constantly adapting. So if you drive it on tune 1 or 2 for long periods of time, the trans adapts to these tunes. If you turn it up, and immediately get aggressive with the throttle, the trans isnt expecting the added power, and can potentially hurt the trans. Do (4) runs at 25% pedal from 0mph-6th gear (then 50%-75%-100%..). This will get the trans ready for the larger tune. It still wont be 100% ready for it, but will help immensely.