View Full Version : Help to make Calc PIDs in V8

wesam
May 23rd, 2017, 04:20 PM
Hello EFI Live team
I hope there will be a tutorial to help make Calculated PIDs in V8

Thanks in advance

joecar
June 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I thought the was a thread which briefly showed how, but I can't find it :doh:I'll look for it.

In the meantime see attached example file from my folder C:\Users\joecar\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config (remove the .txt from the end of the filename).

[Groups]
GLOBAL=Global Functions
WO2SER=Wide Band O2 Sensors (Serial-Comms)
WO2CAN=Wide Band O2 Sensors (CAN-bus)

[GLOBAL]
FUNCTION="Global Functions",factor,0

[GLOBAL.FUNCTION]
0=|-- GLOBAL.FUNCTION
1=|function iff(x,y,z)
2=|if (x) then return y else return z end
3=|end

[WO2SER]
WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (Serial-Comms)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2SER.WO2BEN]
0=|-- WO2SER.WO2BEN
1=|return iff(pid("WO2LAM1")>pid("WO2LAM2"),pid("WO2LAM1"),pid("WO2LAM2"))*pid("EQIVRATIO")

[WO2CAN]
WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (CAN-bus)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2CAN.WO2BEN]
0=|-- WO2CAN.WO2BEN
1=|return iff(pid("WO2S11")>pid("WO2S21"),pid("WO2S11"),pid("WO2S21"))/pid("EQ_RAT")

gixxer92
July 11th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Sorry for my ignorance Joe. I just looked at the thread again and realized there was an attachment!
Thank-you!

Blacky
July 11th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Why not just use the built in Calc PIDs editor?

In the Scan Window, click the drop down arrow on the [Options] button and select "Calculated PIDs" (or just use the Ctrl+K hot key).

Calc PIDs in data logs are updated instantly (when you close the calc pids editor, or click [Apply]) , no need to try and understand/edit the calc pid *.ini data files.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 11th, 2017, 03:49 PM
You can also export/import calculated PID groups to easily share your own calc PIDs with other users. Just right click on the group's icon and select import or export.

Regards
Paul

joecar
July 11th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Why not just use the built in Calc PIDs editor?

In the Scan Window, click the drop down arrow on the [Options] button and select "Calculated PIDs" (or just use the Ctrl+K hot key).

Calc PIDs in data logs are updated instantly (when you close the calc pids editor, or click [Apply]) , no need to try and understand/edit the calc pid *.ini data files.

Regards
PaulPaul, you meant the down arrow on the [Config] button.

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Paul, you meant the down arrow on the [Config] button.

Yes, I'm getting too old for this...
Regards
Paul

Gelf VXR
March 8th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Hi Joe, which folder does this attachment reside, i put it in C:\Users\Andy\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config. I cant see the pids when i open V8 scan. I can manage calc pids in V7.5, need a push in the right direction :)

joecar
March 8th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Yes, the file UserCalculatedPids.ini correctly resides in that folder C:\Users\Andy\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

When you open V8 S&T, click Scan, look over in the RH pane (yellow) Available PIDs, expand Calculated, you should see your pids here.

joecar
March 8th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Post your UserCalculatedPids.ini file here, let me look in it...

joecar
March 8th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Hi Joe, if i am following correctly, create a group name (up to me), create a pid name (up to me), copy and paste code in its entirety, save job done?

Yes, pretty much, as long as the syntax of the pasted code is correct...

when editing the pid equation in V8, there is a button fx Test to check that the pid is correctly syntaxed.

That button is also available if you double click on a pid in the green pane.

Gelf VXR
March 8th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Hi Joe, downloaded and moved your UserCalculatedpids.ini file to the said location, I dont see the calc pids show up up in the right hand pane nor the pid editor, i took some screen shots

Gelf VXR
March 8th, 2018, 05:00 PM
I fixed it, after i copied the file to the location, another is automatically created, with cog icon, but the file is empty, i copied and paste the test into the editor, and deleted the original file i copied :)

Gelf VXR
March 8th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Glad to see calc pids available in V8 :)

joecar
March 9th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Cool, good job :cheers: