PDA

View Full Version : 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2 losing the tune after turning key off a few times

Brad1
May 25th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I could sure use some help please. I can tune the truck with the autocal both for engine and transmission and drive it and stop and turn key off a few times or it sit overnight and its night and day difference, its gone. Its like running a file on a computer but if you don't save it, it won't be there the next day. Same thing with truck. Thanks very much appreciate any input. Thanks again.

joecar
May 25th, 2017, 12:56 PM
The tune can't be lost...

but each time you flash it the trims get reset, and it runs ok while the trims have sufficient range to adjust...

and then when the trims peg (i.e. they have run out of range), it runs badly.

ScarabEpic22
May 26th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Sounds like you need to ask your tuner for a retune. The shop will likely have you log a set of PIDs and send them the log file, then adjust the tune based on the logs.

Brad1
May 26th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Thank you Joecar for your reply. This has been going on for a good while and I need to really get this solved. My tuner and I have been back and forth on this issue numerous times and I live in the Midwestern U.S. and they are on the West Coast in in the U.S., so they haven't been able to see personally the difference that I'm talking about I wish they could. I sure understand that the tune can't be lost but thats just my way of explaining best. Surely my truck can't or shouldn't be the only one wish this issue but anythings possible I suppose. Thank You So much for the reply I just really need to get this issue solved. Please feel free to drop me any input to solve this, Thank You Very Very Much Again.

Brad1
May 26th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Thank You ScarabEpic22 for your Reply, I sure do appreciate it alot. I've gotta get this issue taken care of ASAP. Feel free to give me any other input that You may have. Thanks Again Very much.

cindy@efilive
May 26th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Thank you Joecar for your reply. This has been going on for a good while and I need to really get this solved. My tuner and I have been back and forth on this issue numerous times and I live in the Midwestern U.S. and they are on the West Coast in in the U.S., so they haven't been able to see personally the difference that I'm talking about I wish they could. I sure understand that the tune can't be lost but thats just my way of explaining best. Surely my truck can't or shouldn't be the only one wish this issue but anythings possible I suppose. Thank You So much for the reply I just really need to get this issue solved. Please feel free to drop me any input to solve this, Thank You Very Very Much Again.

Your tuner can diagnose the issue without being at your location using the logging features of AutoCal. The tuner should write you a configuration file to support logging of your controllers and select PIDs to reflect the key differences you are feeling.

With that configuration you have a tool to measure what you feel in your truck. You should then log the vehicle straight after a flash, and secondly the next day when you notice the change. Your tuner can compare the 2 log files and decide what action to take with your tune files.

Cheers
Cindy

Brad1
May 28th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Thank You Cindy so much sorry so late replying, Storm knocked out power for 23 hrs. Thank You Again Cindy gonna do that soon.

Brad1
September 10th, 2017, 07:38 AM
As I had mentioned above my 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2 has had problems with the tune staying programmed in the truck. after you turned the key off 2 or 3 times or it sat overnight the tune went to outer space or somewhere, every since I got it tuned. Anyway, Last week my Original Battery went bad so I replaced and the next day I put the tunes back in it again to try it. Something happened it has been a week and the Tunes are still in and its performing flawlessly. I don't get it. I'm tickled to death that this issue has been solved so far, but I wonder what made this happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thank You Very Much....