PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Chevy 2500HD PPEI AutoCal Error Code $0533

ACNorris
June 3rd, 2017, 05:35 AM
Dear EFILive,

More than a year ago I had to replace all of the computers in my 2500HD. The reason for this was because I had some engine issues (related to the environment, not the programmer). I had to replace everything on my truck to make it stock again. It has been under warranty again, since then. Now that I have more than 100,000 miles on the truck - I am no longer under the warranty anymore. That being said, I updated my AutoCal from PPEI. When I tried to tune my truck again, I got error code $0533. PPEI told me that due to the fact that I have all new computers on the truck (same VIN # and same truck) the AutoCal thinks that I'm trying to program another truck. Not the one that I originally paid for.

Can you please help me out here? I can get you my AutoCal code, if needed.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

-ACNorris

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 3rd, 2017, 07:20 AM
$0533
No VIN license slots available.
An attempt was made to license a controller when no free VIN licenses slots were available.
Additional VIN license slots can be purchased for FlashScan devices from EFILive’s on-line web store (www.efilive.com).
FlashScan and AutoCal devices support up to 221 VIN license slots

You need a NEW VIN LICENSE.

ScarabEpic22
June 3rd, 2017, 08:24 AM
Yes, you will need to purchase a new AutoCal VIN license for $125 to license the ECM/TCM that have been replaced. You may also need to get new tunes from PPEI depending if they locked the tunes to your previous ECM/TCM's serial number or to your VIN.

ACNorris
June 13th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Yes, you will need to purchase a new AutoCal VIN license for $125 to license the ECM/TCM that have been replaced. You may also need to get new tunes from PPEI depending if they locked the tunes to your previous ECM/TCM's serial number or to your VIN.

I was hoping that I would not have to pay for the same truck to be tuned again. It is the same VIN and everything... Does anyone know who I can speak to that could help me out with this? Thank you so much!

cindy@efilive
June 13th, 2017, 10:47 AM
We have a policy to replace VIN licenses where the ECM was replaced. We will need a copy of the dealer invoice replacing the ECM and your license back up file. Information on how to create the license backup file can be found here.

Please email your ECM Invoice, License backup file and a link to this thread to support at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

ACNorris
June 13th, 2017, 12:33 PM
We have a policy to replace VIN licenses where the ECM was replaced. We will need a copy of the dealer invoice replacing the ECM and your license back up file. Information on how to create the license backup file can be found here.

Please email your ECM Invoice, License backup file and a link to this thread to support at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy,

Thanks for the quick response. Can you help me find the link to creating a "license backup file"? I found my receipt from the dealership stating that the ECM was replaced. Once I can create the file, I can email you the requested information. Thank you!

-AC

ACNorris
April 30th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Cindy,

Thanks for the quick response. Can you help me find the link to creating a "license backup file"? I found my receipt from the dealership stating that the ECM was replaced. Once I can create the file, I can email you the requested information. Thank you!

-AC

Cindy,
I never heard back from you, a long time ago, for my request. I have the receipt showing that the ECM was replaced. Can you please help me conclude this process? I would really like to have my truck, once again, tuned with EFILive.

Thank you,
AC

cindy@efilive
April 30th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Sorry for not responding, not sure what happened there.

License backup details can be found here https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9413-RPHL-6309

Cheers
Cindy