PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with LMM

stockrex
June 8th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a 08 LMM I bought new with 20k miles on it. I had many issues with it, front differential gearing were not mating properly, down pipe leaking to mention a few. I have worked out most of them. I bought EFI Live to learn tuning and monitor performance.

The truck is bone stock, I have some newbie questions:

1. Can I hook up EFILive and monitor performance as I drive?
2. Can I see the DPF cycle count with EFI Live?
3. What tunes are out there for stock trucks? Is it worth it?

stockrex
June 23rd, 2017, 02:05 AM
From the lack of response I am guessing EFI Live is not able to see/count the DPF cycle.

Any tunes out there for stock engine with DPF? Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller...

rcr1978
June 23rd, 2017, 05:33 AM
There is a pid for the regen count, grams of soot ect.. There are a few tuners out there who do tunes with emissions in place but I don't recall who they are or keep track of them, I think Idaho rob and dmax tuner but not sure.

Roxyfever
June 25th, 2017, 03:40 AM
Duramaxtuner is who I'd recommend for emissions Intact tunes. Also you can data log to monitor what the truck is doing

stockrex
June 26th, 2017, 02:08 AM
There is a pid for the regen count, grams of soot ect.. There are a few tuners out there who do tunes with emissions in place but I don't recall who they are or keep track of them, I think Idaho rob and dmax tuner but not sure.

Perfect, I had reported my regen being too often to GM and they took the 5th and said they have no way to track it.

stockrex
June 26th, 2017, 02:09 AM
Duramaxtuner is who I'd recommend for emissions Intact tunes. Also you can data log to monitor what the truck is doing

I will give Nick a call later today,

How are the tunes "better" than the stock tune? leaner tune? less soot?