PDA

View Full Version : E39 2011-2013 regal turbo 6spd manual tune help

Diesel122
June 9th, 2017, 01:32 PM
I have a 2011 Buick regal cxl 2.0 turbo lhu 6speed manual e85 fuel , that's currently pushing 260hp with some bolt ons.

I want to remap a 2012 Buick regal gs you 2.0 turbo 6spd manual ecm with 320+ hp and make it work in the 2011 regal..

I want to keep my stock 2011 ecm and use the 2012 ecm.

Questions:

can I just change the vin # on the 2012 ecm & run it? Or will anything else need to be modified besides the tune and vin?

Does anyone have a custom tune already set for the lhu 6spd manual with e85 fuel option that I can try? Or can someone assist in building one?

Thanks guys

ScarabEpic22
June 11th, 2017, 01:58 AM
Why do you want to swap the ECMs out, more than likely you can tune the existing one to produce the same power as the GS tune (assuming the base engine, fuel system, etc are all identical). I think you're going to introduce a lot more headaches if you swap a 2012 ECM in as GM could have changed some communications things on the CAN comms. It'd be completely hit-or-miss unless you know someone who's done it OR are willing to take the risk, both time and financial.

Checked some sources and they're the same physical engine, GM just got a bit more aggressive with the GS tune. Start with that and copy things over, should be closer to what you need. I pulled a stock 2012 2.0 turbo CXL and a 2012 GS tune, the only meaningful differences are in the Torque Control tables (which a good tuner would adjust anyway, like TQ limiting tables), raising the TQ Response tables, and Max Pressure Ratio tables. You could easily copy these few changes over and get the increased power from the GS.

Diesel122
June 12th, 2017, 04:18 AM
I wanted to keep original pcm stock..

The gs & cxl can be pushed to 320whp-340.whp (on e85 fuel)...

I know people that use the hp tuners on these cars, i have efi live that I use on my duramaxes.. I wanted to see if efi live turned out to be a better option over hp tuners.

Was Hoping someone here could help with building a tune

Thanks for the help.

Why do you want to swap the ECMs out, more than likely you can tune the existing one to produce the same power as the GS tune (assuming the base engine, fuel system, etc are all identical). I think you're going to introduce a lot more headaches if you swap a 2012 ECM in as GM could have changed some communications things on the CAN comms. It'd be completely hit-or-miss unless you know someone who's done it OR are willing to take the risk, both time and financial.

Checked some sources and they're the same physical engine, GM just got a bit more aggressive with the GS tune. Start with that and copy things over, should be closer to what you need. I pulled a stock 2012 2.0 turbo CXL and a 2012 GS tune, the only meaningful differences are in the Torque Control tables (which a good tuner would adjust anyway, like TQ limiting tables), raising the TQ Response tables, and Max Pressure Ratio tables. You could easily copy these few changes over and get the increased power from the GS.