PDA

View Full Version : creating calc_pids

grayphoenix85
June 15th, 2017, 04:14 AM
Hey all,

I`ve been trying to create 3 different calc_pids using version 7.5. I`m using the calc. VE tuning tutorial info and am trying to make the three it says to create. "LTFT AVERAGE" "LTFT BEN" AND THE "CALC VE TABLE" For the life of me I can`t seem to figure it out. I put it in exactly as it says and it never comes up in the scan tool. I always close the scan tool before I try to make any. I`d appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

pinstripebob
June 15th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Make sure you're editing the correct text file, I had one in the installation folder and one in another folder. Changing one did nothing, changing the other actually added my PIDs. I think it was under Users/AppData or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

grayphoenix85
June 15th, 2017, 04:18 AM
# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------*CLC-00-001
% -25.0 25.0 .2 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------
CALC.LTFT F001 CLC-00-001 % TUNING "LTFT AVERAGE

grayphoenix85
June 15th, 2017, 04:20 AM
I`m under the User Configuration, I can copy and paste one from the LS1 tech forum and it shows. But any I hand enter never show.

pinstripebob
June 15th, 2017, 04:28 AM
You're editing them in the text file outside of EFILive, right?

grayphoenix85
June 15th, 2017, 08:05 AM
You're editing them in the text file outside of EFILive, right?

Yes this is what i see. The LTFT Average both banks works. The LTFT Average does not

# File details
# ------------
#

*FILE

#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------

# Units
# -------------------

*UNITS

#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

#
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-015
% -25.0 +25.0 .1 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2"

#
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.LTFTTOTAL F015 CLC-00-015 % (Calculated) "LTFT Average Both Banks"

# File details
# ------------
#

*FILE

# Units
# -------------------

*UNITS

None None "" "No units"

#
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-001 -25.0 25.0 .2 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2

#
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.LTFT F001 CLC-00-001 % Tuning "LTFT AVERAGE"

joecar
June 15th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Looks like you added two calc_pids.txt files together (appended one after the other, so that the sections appear twice), this does not work...

instead you have to merge the two files together (merge each of their sections so that they appear once only).

You said "Calc.VE" above... this has been replaced with "Calc.VET" see here: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

joecar
June 15th, 2017, 01:50 PM
this has been replaced with "Calc.VET" see here: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)
(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))
and use the calc_pids.txt file from there (see post #1).

db caissie
June 3rd, 2018, 03:10 AM
I feel like this thread is the most relevant to what i'm struggling with too,
i can't seem to come up with what i believe are all the correct pids, i don't have on the list copied from Joecars last reply above( the "calc.VET" tutorial) i've copied and added that calc_pids.text file to the scan tool, but i don't have 5 of the 24 pids shown with this tutorial and i can find them anywhere to add
CALC.LTFTBEN
CALC.WO2BEN
CALC.SELBEN
CALC.VET
CALC.VEN
I've looked at this over and over again, and it seems pretty straight forward, copy the text file... copy the pid list...clear the trims.. etc etc... for the life of me i can't seem to get this set up right. has something changed in the pid list that i don't need these? that dosn't sound right. what am i doing wrong
thanks for any help

joecar
June 3rd, 2018, 03:44 PM
1. Did you copy the calc_pids.txt file to the folder C:\Users\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5User Configuration...?

2. In the scantool, goto the PIDs tab, click on the heading ("Parameter") of the right-hand column (this sorts on this column)... then scroll down looking for those pids by name.

3. Post screenshots.

db caissie
June 3rd, 2018, 05:38 PM
ah yes, i have figured it out now, thank you joecar,
however now i am having a different problem now that i've done a short log to see how it works
i believe the pids SAE.MAF and SAE.MAP are defauting to imperial measurements and its throwing the calculations way off when i copy and paste
sorry i can't figure out how to post a screen shot, searched it for a little while, couldn't find an answer

db caissie
June 3rd, 2018, 05:47 PM
i've been looking at this over and over, i keep seeing your screen shot of the calc pids list shows these two pids as metric in the default colum, but the file that i've copied and pasted from the calc.vet tutorial brings it up as imperial in the default setting, i have made sure my tune/scan tool is setup properly in the properties menu, what am i doing wrong?

joecar
June 4th, 2018, 07:02 AM
ah yes, i have figured it out now, thank you joecar,
however now i am having a different problem now that i've done a short log to see how it works
i believe the pids SAE.MAF and SAE.MAP are defauting to imperial measurements and its throwing the calculations way off when i copy and paste
sorry i can't figure out how to post a screen shot, searched it for a little while, couldn't find an answer
In the scantool, on each of those pids, go rightclick->Metric.

joecar
June 4th, 2018, 07:02 AM
This may help with screenshots: Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

db caissie
June 4th, 2018, 12:01 PM
In the scantool, on each of those pids, go rightclick->Metric.

AH beauty, i will change that tonight when i get a chance in the garage,
thanks again for the quick reply, i'm so close to making this thing driveable I'm sure i'll get this sorted out soon

db caissie
June 4th, 2018, 07:00 PM
sucess! thanks for the pointers, now its off to switch the 2 babies seats from the daily into this project, take the kids to daycare tomorrow, i'll have my 5 year old monitor the data while we're on the way!

joecar
June 5th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Good deal :cheers:

Agustina
April 25th, 2019, 06:14 PM
I've looked at this over and over again, and it seems pretty straight forward, copy the text file... copy the pid list...clear the trims.. etc etc... for the life of me i can't seem to get this set up right. has something changed in the pid list that i don't need these? that dosn't sound right. what am i doing wrong

joecar
April 28th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Which calc_pids.txt are you using, post it here.