PDA

View Full Version : 6l80 Tap Shift

koryenger
June 26th, 2017, 05:05 AM
Hi guys, looking for a little help. Have a customer in Dubai with an E38-T43 combo and we are trying to get the tap shift to work. Everything is turned on in the calibration and set up for a wired switch. Can look at the PID's and it says its working, yet no shifting. In order to make it work I think I need to incorporate a BCM, or go to a compatible OS. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Does anyone have a tune that may work? Can this tune be fixed? Any help is appreciated.2123321234

Tre-Cool
June 26th, 2017, 12:47 PM
try playing with the shift setting.

I don't have my laptop in front of me, but there is a bunch of options that list D1 to D6. Try it with anything from D3 to D6.

On the corvette they use D4 & are direct wired. Commodore platform is normally D6 which initiates the TUTD mode via a resister.

koryenger
June 27th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the reply, Ive been playing with it a little. I saw that his brake pedal was wired wrong, so its always saying applied. I believe if I can correct this, it should work. Pin 6 in the trans and 9 in the E38 need to have no power when the brakes are applied. I will let you know what happens.

LastCall
June 27th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I had the same issue on a jeep swap and had to find a corvette tcm cal in order to get it to work. Make sure you flash in a like tcm OS. There is a thread on here that list them.

RuraBrute
February 10th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Solved ?