PDA

View Full Version : SAE.MAP not working properly with C7Z06

wesam
July 4th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Is there any special PID to use with C7Z06
SAE.MAP reading incorrectly with this car
the testing car is 2016 C7Z06 with stock tune
key on engine off reading 64kpa while it should read 100 kpa also under boost it should read around 150 kpa while it reads only 110 kpa

joecar
July 4th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Try logging the other MAP pids GM.MAP2 and GM.MAP3.

Also log the MAP voltage GM.MAP.

Is the MAP sensor ok (does the scaling match the sensor...?)...?

Blacky
July 4th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Hi Wesam,

There was an issue in one of the recent updates where some SAE PID scaling values were not being stored correctly in the log file (AFR, MAF and MAP). In the log file you posted the MAP scaling is set to 0 which means "use default SAE scaling". I presume GM have defined a custom scale for the MAP PID in the C7Z06. If they have defined a custom scale for it then it is not being recognized correctly by the software version that you are using to log the data. I recall fixing that issue in a recent update.

Have you tried the latest beta software available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27776-July-2017-Beta-Release-4
If you are already using that version, try logging with the V8 pass-thru scan tool or with the FlashScan in standalone black-box logging mode.

Regards
Paul

wesam
July 4th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Hi Wesam,

There was an issue in one of the recent updates where some SAE PID scaling values were not being stored correctly in the log file (AFR, MAF and MAP). In the log file you posted the MAP scaling is set to 0 which means "use default SAE scaling". I presume GM have defined a custom scale for the MAP PID in the C7Z06. If they have defined a custom scale for it then it is not being recognized correctly by the software version that you are using to log the data. I recall fixing that issue in a recent update.

Have you tried the latest beta software available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27776-July-2017-Beta-Release-4
If you are already using that version, try logging with the V8 pass-thru scan tool or with the FlashScan in standalone black-box logging mode.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul
I'm using the latest public release as i'm in bussiness production
But i will try with the latest beta on my other laptop if it does not need firmware update
Yes it seems the scaling is wrong just in LT4 cars

wesam
September 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Hi Wesam,

Regards
Paul

Hi Blacky
I installed the latest release candidate and test it
It still has the same problem KOEO 64 kpa idle 19 kpa and WOT is less than expected
please advice

Blacky
September 11th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Hi Blacky
I installed the latest release candidate and test it
It still has the same problem KOEO 64 kpa idle 19 kpa and WOT is less than expected
please advice

Are you using V7 or V8 pass-thru logging?
Or are you using Black Box standalone logging?

When using V8 pass-thru, please save a trace file* after attempting to log about 2-3 seconds of data that shows the incorrect MAP scaling.
Send the *.htx trace file and the *.pld log file to me at paul@efilive.com

* Save the trace file using the EFILive Control Panel->[F8: Trace] option.

Regards
Paul

wesam
September 11th, 2017, 10:32 PM
I'm using V7 pass thru logging
Should i email you a log file ?

Blacky
September 11th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Have you tried it with V8 pass-thru? That's where it was fixed. I'm not sure it was ever fixed back in V7.

Regards
Paul

wesam
September 11th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Have you tried it with V8 pass-thru? That's where it was fixed. I'm not sure it was ever fixed back in V7.

Regards
Paul

No I didn't I still using V7 because i don't have time to setup MAPs and PIDs and still don't know how to setup calculated PIDs in V8
I will be glad for you if you solve this issue in V7

Blacky
September 11th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Until/unless I know the changes made to V8 actually fix the problem there's no point going back and making the same (possibly not-working) changes in V7.
So if you can just do a simple log of 3 or 4 parameters: say RPM, TPS, MAF and MAP in V8 pass-thru with KOEO, transitioning to KOEO for just a few short seconds (or the trace files get too big), that would help me out a lot.

Save the *.htx rtrace file from the V8 Control Panel (more info on saving trace files here: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912
Send both the *.htx trace file and the *.pld log file saved in the V8 scan tool.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 11th, 2017, 10:52 PM
No I didn't I still using V7 because i don't have time to setup MAPs and PIDs and still don't know how to setup calculated PIDs in V8
I will be glad for you if you solve this issue in V7

You can copy your PID selections from V7 to V8 like this:
In V7 on the [F8: PIDs] tab page highlight all the PIDs you want to copy, then select the menu option: Edit->Copy for export to V8
In V8, open the [F2: Scan] window, select the correct controller(s), then right click in the green section and select "Paste".

You can copy your MAPs from V7 to V8 like this:
Open the MAP tab page that you want to copy (A thru J), select the [Edit Map Properties] toolbar icon (or press the hotkey Ctlr+Enter).
Click on the [Copy for V8] button.
In V8, select a map tab page (A thru J) right click and select Map Properties (or press the hotkey Shift+F6).
Click the [Paste] toolbar icon to paste the map details.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to copy calc PIDs from V7 to V8 - they are just too different.
If/when youstart using V8 scan tool and you need help converting your calc PIDs send me your calc PIDs that you want converted and I can try to show you how to do it.

Regards
Paul

wesam
September 12th, 2017, 07:54 PM
You can copy your PID selections from V7 to V8 like this:
In V7 on the [F8: PIDs] tab page highlight all the PIDs you want to copy, then select the menu option: Edit->Copy for export to V8
In V8, open the [F2: Scan] window, select the correct controller(s), then right click in the green section and select "Paste".

You can copy your MAPs from V7 to V8 like this:
Open the MAP tab page that you want to copy (A thru J), select the [Edit Map Properties] toolbar icon (or press the hotkey Ctlr+Enter).
Click on the [Copy for V8] button.
In V8, select a map tab page (A thru J) right click and select Map Properties (or press the hotkey Shift+F6).
Click the [Paste] toolbar icon to paste the map details.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to copy calc PIDs from V7 to V8 - they are just too different.
If/when youstart using V8 scan tool and you need help converting your calc PIDs send me your calc PIDs that you want converted and I can try to show you how to do it.

Regards
Paul

Wooow thanks a lot Paul you saved me a ton of time
I will email you my V7 Calc PIDs

Thanks in advance

wesam
September 12th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Until/unless I know the changes made to V8 actually fix the problem there's no point going back and making the same (possibly not-working) changes in V7.
So if you can just do a simple log of 3 or 4 parameters: say RPM, TPS, MAF and MAP in V8 pass-thru with KOEO, transitioning to KOEO for just a few short seconds (or the trace files get too big), that would help me out a lot.

Save the *.htx rtrace file from the V8 Control Panel (more info on saving trace files here: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912
Send both the *.htx trace file and the *.pld log file saved in the V8 scan tool.

Regards
Paul

I will when i put a hand on another C7Z06

Move'n Up
September 13th, 2017, 07:16 AM
I will when i put a hand on another C7Z06

I can assist with that by scanning mine and sending in the files. Not familiar with KOEO though?

wesam
September 13th, 2017, 07:19 AM
I can assist with that by scanning mine and sending in the files. Not familiar with KOEO though?

KOEF stand for key on engine off = accessory mod in corvettes

joecar
September 13th, 2017, 08:53 AM
i.e. key in RUN position, but engine not running.

Move'n Up
September 15th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Okay, I'll be back Sunday and should be able to do it then.

Move'n Up
September 18th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Having trouble saving the trace log file. The following procedure does not work and I could find an alternative drop down menu option.

FlashScan: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan options -> F1 Save Trace File

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Blacky
September 18th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Having trouble saving the trace log file. The following procedure does not work and I could find an alternative drop down menu option.

FlashScan: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan options -> F1 Save Trace File

Any chance of doing a short log using V8 pass-thru scanning (i.e. from the PC/laptop thru FlashScan to the vehicle)?
If so then saving the trace file is done by opening the EFILive Control Panel using the button at the top of the main V8 window called [EFILive V8 Control Panel]. Then once the Control Panel window is visible, select the [F8: Trace] tab page and save the log file from there.

Regards
Paul

Move'n Up
September 19th, 2017, 12:48 PM
I don't have that options anywhere??

Blacky
September 19th, 2017, 12:57 PM
I don't have that options anywhere??

Later versions of V8 have that button available.

If it is already running, you can open the EFILive Control Panel window by clicking on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray near the clock on the Task Bar.

If it is not already running, you can start it by either starting EFILive V8 Scan and Tune or by starting the control Panel directly from the Start menu.
If you start the Control Panel directly from the Start menu then you will also need to manually close it when you're done by right-clicking on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray and selecting Exit.

Regards
Paul

Move'n Up
September 19th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Yep, found it in the task bar shortly after I posted that. Files are on the way via email.

Let me know if you need anything else, happy to contribute.

Blacky
September 19th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Yep, found it in the task bar shortly after I posted that. Files are on the way via email.

Let me know if you need anything else, happy to contribute.

Thanks for the files. It showed the problem. When transmitting the MAP scaling info from FlashScan to the PC, the MAP kPa scaling and O2 Amp scaling were getting accidentally swapped around.

I edited the *.pld log file using Hex Workshop and swapped the scale parameters to how they should have been and it fixes the problem. The MAP value in that log file now reads 26-31kPa at idle and 96kPa with engine off (at end of log).

These are the changes I made to the log file with Hex Workshop.

I will fix the problem in the V8 pass-thru software so that the correct scale values are stored with the correct PIDs.

Regards
Paul

Move'n Up
September 19th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the files. It showed the problem. When transmitting the MAP scaling info from FlashScan to the PC, the MAP kPa scaling and O2 Amp scaling were getting accidentally swapped around.

I edited the *.pld log file using Hex Workshop and swapped the scale parameters to how they should have been and it fixes the problem. The MAP value in that log file now reads 26-31kPa at idle and 96kPa with engine off (at end of log).

These are the changes I made to the log file with Hex Workshop.

I will fix the problem in the V8 pass-thru software so that the correct scale values are stored with the correct PIDs.

Regards
PaulGreat, glad the scan and log files were helpful so that you could find and fix the problem.

wesam
September 19th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Thanka Paul
Looking forward to the new update :)

joecar
September 20th, 2017, 03:56 AM
Please can we check the same thing with SAE.LAMBDA...?

Please can all of you post some logs containing SAE.LAMBDA ( EQ_RAT in V8 )...?

Thanks.

Move'n Up
September 20th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Please can we check the same thing with SAE.LAMBDA...?

Please can all of you post some logs containing SAE.LAMBDA ( EQ_RAT in V8 )...?

Thanks.Joe do you want both files as well?

joecar
September 20th, 2017, 05:05 AM
Joe do you want both files as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using TapatalkLog file is sufficient for now.

Move'n Up
September 20th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Here's a log with EQ_RAT for you Joe.

joecar
September 21st, 2017, 03:57 AM
Thanks.

wesam
October 24th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Today I tuned my first 2017 ZL1
It still has the same issue with latest Oct public release
the car has OS 12682377
Attached a log for KOEO and first start

Blacky
October 24th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Today I tuned my first 2017 ZL1
It still has the same issue with latest Oct public release
the car has OS 12682377
Attached a log for KOEO and first start

V8 pass-thru logging and Black Box Logging should return the correct values.
I can confirm the problem still exists when using V7 pass-thru logging. It will be fixed in the next update.

Until it is fixed, you can use Hex Workshop (or similar hex editor) to modify the log file to correct the result as follows:

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 24th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Paul, thanks.

joecar
October 24th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I take it that is 39 decimal...?

Blacky
October 24th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Yes, the values are decimal.

Originally (for most older controllers), the SAE.MAP PID range is limited to 0..255kPa - since that is the range of a single byte value used to carry the MAP value.
When MAX_MAP is not zero (on some late model forced induction engines), the range is modified by 10 times that maximum value. So for 39, the maximum MAP value is modified from 255kPa to 10*39 = 390kPa. Which gives a new range of 0..390kPa for the SAE.MAP PID.

Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
November 21st, 2017, 03:25 AM

Joe watch the "decimal reference" they are not decimals on the Hex side. They are 0D and 0A or "Zero D and Zero A"

Thanks for the help guys.
Al

joecar
November 22nd, 2017, 07:51 AM
Joe watch the "decimal reference" they are not decimals on the Hex side. They are 0D and 0A or "Zero D and Zero A"

Thanks for the help guys.
AlHey Al, how's it going :wave:

Yes, anything that is not alphanumeric or not punctuation (e.g. 0D, 0A) is represented as a dot.

wesam
February 17th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Bump
Still the same problem with Dec Public release

Blacky
February 18th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Bump
Still the same problem with Dec Public release

V7 pass-thru logging?
V8 pass-thru logging?
or
V8 standalone black box logging?

If possible can you perform a V8 pass-thru log of the PID and afer stopping the log, save a trace file using the EFILive Control Panel and send me the trace and the log files?

Regards
Paul

wesam
February 18th, 2018, 09:36 AM
V7 pass-thru logging

Blacky
February 18th, 2018, 10:41 AM
V7 pass-thru logging
Does V8 pass-thru display the correct value for MAP?
Can you send me a V7 pass-thru log file and a V87 pass-thru log file?
Send to paul@efilive.com
Regards
Paul

wesam
February 18th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I logged another car with V7 it seems working so maybe it was a problem with the previous car

Thanks a lot it seems working will now