PDA

View Full Version : July 2017, Beta Release 5

Blacky
July 10th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.10.329_Beta-5.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.5.321_Beta-5.exe) (please see Issue #3 below and make sure to update your firmware to V2.07.119 or later)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_321.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 329 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 321 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.118 (Jul 11, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
Some GM controllers can not be licensed when flashing using FlashScan in standalone mode or in pass-thru mode from EFILive V8 (AutoCal is not affected, EFILive V7 is not affected).

Workaround:
Update firmware to V2.07.119 (Jul 22) or later - available as an attachment below.

Issue #4:
The firmware provided to fix known issue #3 did not have the correct version number compatibility settings for V7 which cause V7 to refuse to connect to devices with that firmware because of version incompatibility.

Workaround:
Update firmware to V2.07.119 (Jul 22) or later - available as an attachment below.

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 10:58 AM
I can no longer flash my LML ecm that's already been licensed with this update. See pic

Thanks
Robert

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I can no longer flash my LML ecm that's already been licensed with this update. See pic

Thanks
Robert

Check in your VIN licenses that there is a matching entry for the last 9 digits of that serial number, i.e. 418900120
You can check your VIN licenses in the [F7: Licenses]->[F3: VINs] window.

If not, send me your license backup file which you can create in that same window by clicking the [Backup] button. Send it to paul@efilive.com, include a link to this thread.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 11:15 AM
It's there Paul, thanks for the quick reply. see pic

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 11:21 AM
After clicking the [Cal Flash] button and the flash failing with error $0533, could you please locate the *.htx trace file in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send me the file, thanks.
Regards
Paul

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Paul Mail sent, forgot to add link to this thread though.

Thanks

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Paul Mail sent, forgot to add link to this thread though.

Thanks

Have you updated your FlashScan with the firmware (that came with beta-5). Click the [Check Firmware] on the main V8 page.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 11:53 AM
yes, yesterday before a autocal setup for a LBZ that was successful.

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 12:00 PM
I have a different confuzr and a LMM to test on if needed?

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I have a different confuzr and a LMM to test on if needed?

I can see the problem. It's a fault in the firmware licensing routine. It is incorrectly identifying the LML as a Cummins controller and then failing because there is no Cummins tuning license in your FlashScan. I will update the firmware asap and attach it to the first post of this thread. Check back in about 1/2 hour.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Perfect thanks for the fast support :cool:

Blacky
July 12th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Updated firmware is now available.
Regards
Paul

rcr1978
July 12th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Thanks I will give it try in the morning

Highlander
July 13th, 2017, 02:59 AM
Huge update

rcr1978
July 13th, 2017, 03:02 AM
Flashing now works thanks

Highlander
July 13th, 2017, 03:10 AM
:jump::thankyou2::jump::good::thumb_yello:

1FastBrick
July 16th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Having trouble with AL5 Transmission controller I previously read, licensed, and modified on a friends truck. I have Tried in V8 and V7.5 software. I update the latest Beta with the firmware 119 attachment in the first post.

The E60 engine controller is no issue. It's only the AL5 transmission controller.

I can not read it,
I can flash it
I can not full flash

When I request calibration details It gives me another error. But when you click ok you get all the details like nothing is wrong.

Blacky
July 17th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Having trouble with AL5 Transmission controller I previously read, licensed, and modified on a friends truck.

Can you please locate the trace file that was saved when the trans read or flash was attempted? It will be located in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
Send it to me paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what it is about.

Regards
Paul

1FastBrick
July 17th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Can you please locate the trace file that was saved when the trans read or flash was attempted? It will be located in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
Send it to me paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what it is about.

Regards
Paul

Paul, I just E-mailed you what I have for now along with a link to the thread. Thanks!

Maybe You can point me in the right direction.

1FastBrick
July 18th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Well I was able to read a different 2005 AL5 today so it appears to be isolated to that specific truck. I pulled the fuse for the radio and no luck.

I attempted to read the problem truck a few times with no luck.

I read the other truck which is also registered and tuned on this cable with No issue.

I then went back to Problem truck and reflashed the TCM through TIS thinking maybe something was corrupt. Then attempted another read an no dice.

Other then making or purchasing an adapter for my bench harness, not sure what else to do with it.

Just thought I would update you on what I found

Tre-Cool
July 27th, 2017, 09:57 PM
With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.

Blacky
July 30th, 2017, 10:13 AM
With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.

The change was only to remove the AFR display limit of 25:1. Previously if the AFR was above 25:1 it reported as "free/air", now it simply displays whatever AFR is represented by the data.
Maybe something got messed up during that change. After logging the AFR for a few seconds can you save a COM trace on the FlashScan and send it to me? (paul@efilive.com or post in this thread)
To do that use the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data

Regards
Paul

b4pjs
July 30th, 2017, 10:11 PM
2 quick things.

1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.

Blacky
July 31st, 2017, 09:20 AM
2 quick things.

1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.

The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

Regards
Paul

b4pjs
July 31st, 2017, 08:17 PM
The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

Regards
Paul

Cheers Paul, that clears up a few things :)

joecar
July 31st, 2017, 08:31 PM

...I like that feature :cheers:

b4pjs
August 9th, 2017, 11:11 PM

Regards
Paul

Airpersec worked, but VSS_M did not. Set up using BBX logging.