PDA

View Full Version : KR in SD

98WhiteDevil
June 15th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I have EFILive Personal Scan and Tune. I'm running speed density right now, I have the VE's finished, now I want to mess around with spark timing. How do you create a map for KR when in SD Mode. The grams/cylinder doesn't work when the MAFS isn't pluged in, and the KR map runs off of RPM's and grams/cylinder. What i want to do is adjust the base spark timing table, then log for knock retard to find where my timing should be without knock. Does anyone know what to do, or if there is a different way to adjust spark timing.

Tordne
June 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
You need to log the GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA PID to get the Grams/cyl density when running in SD mode.

You will need to alter the Spark Advance MAP (included in default install) to uses the above PID as the column data, then that map should work for you in SD mode.

Then copy that MAP and change the data to be the Knock Retard PID, walla!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tordne
June 15th, 2006, 05:39 AM
OH, also forgot to mention...

I find that disabling Burst Knock Retard (0 out both the B6210 and B6212 tables). That gets rid of a lot of real and false KR, in my experience :)

98WhiteDevil
June 16th, 2006, 02:40 AM
I did some logging yesterday after creating the maps you described. When logging KR, all the data shows up under 1 column which varies with RPM's. Is this supposed to happen. From what I'm seeing, in SD your base timing is constant horizontally across the chart, and varies vertically with RPM's.

joecar
June 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Post a screen shot pic...?

vetteboy2k
June 16th, 2006, 03:41 AM
This is my point for a MAP section under the Scanning Section. Helps new users out tremendously.

Try this out

http://www.angermanagementracing.com/efilive/maps/KRDegrees.zip

98SS2836
June 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
you have a 98 right? Your probably going to get a very tiny bit of knock in the lower rpm. If you car is cammed yoiu should be all set 98's have 28 degrees at wot from the factory. If your not cammed then you will have knock in upper rpm if your at 13.1 A/f wot.