PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with CASE learning using Flash scan V2 i keep getting a "No Reply"

NoBox54
July 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Please help me out here.

I have built a 1973 Vega Bracket car here is the story;
LT1 from a 95 Camaro with and EFI Connection conversion with a 24x reluctor. I am running a TH350 built to handle big horse power all of the guages are aftermarket and there is no speedo.
I have supplied ground to c1-32 and 34 and power to C1-33 to simulate neutral safety and brake. I can make a connection to the car and use my guages but I cannot get the CASE learning to work, all i get is "No Reply Try Again"
What am I missing do you have to have a VSS for th system to function properly? by that do I need one all the time?

NoBox54
July 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Sorry I should add the ecm is a 12200411 and I am running Efi OS is 02020003. the car runs twin turbos and the LT1 injection system with 48lbs injectors, the fuel pressure is only at 30lbs and the runs really rich. the DTC P1336 keeps showing up and I have not run the learning.

joecar
July 26th, 2017, 03:41 AM
No Reply indicates the V7 scantool's DVT is not able to connect to the PCM...

are you able to do normal scanning/logging and reading/flashing...?

joecar
July 26th, 2017, 03:43 AM
Post screenshots (e.g. see getgreenshot.org).

NoBox54
July 26th, 2017, 04:23 AM
No Reply indicates the V7 scantool's DVT is not able to connect to the PCM...

are you able to do normal scanning/logging and reading/flashing...?

Hi Joecar
yes I can run my guage system and data loging, the system seems to make good contact. I am able to run the DVT engine control for fuel, timing and afrs. I just am unable to do a CSASE learning. the system is set for a manual trans and I have no VSS connected, I am looking to see if I need to ground the clutch switch or supply power.

when in the CASE learn screen I click on activate and the when I click on CASE the No Reply turns red and stays red. I really think it is an easy fix but I am stumped.

Blacky
July 26th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I just tried it here. It appears to give the "No Reply" error if you are data logging at the same time as attempting to perform the CASE learn.
Try performing the CASE learn while not data logging.

Also remember, you can only make one CASE learn attempt per ignition cycle, so before attempting the CASE learn, switch off the ignition for at least 15 seconds.

Regards
Paul

NoBox54
July 26th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I just tried it here. It appears to give the "No Reply" error if you are data logging at the same time as attempting to perform the CASE learn.
Try performing the CASE learn while not data logging.

Also remember, you can only make one CASE learn attempt per ignition cycle, so before attempting the CASE learn, switch off the ignition for at least 15 seconds.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul
I will try that and see if it will work. I have even tried to load the original tune and do the CASE to no avail.

I really appreciate the help as this has been very frustrating.

NoBox54
July 26th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Thanks Paul
I will try that and see if it will work. I have even tried to load the original tune and do the CASE to no avail.

I really appreciate the help as this has been very frustrating.

You are absolutely correct, i went directly to the DVT screen and the response was an "OK" .
I have run the CASE a few times and it seems the engine is a lot better running but i received no response on the screen that it completed and I still have the P1336 code.

any suggestions here. I have changed the crank sensor very recently. :grin:

joecar
July 26th, 2017, 08:27 PM
You are absolutely correct, i went directly to the DVT screen and the response was an "OK" .
I have run the CASE a few times and it seems the engine is a lot better running but i received no response on the screen that it completed and I still have the P1336 code.

any suggestions here. I have changed the crank sensor very recently. :grin:Did you immediately release the throttle when the engine stumbled (due to CASE relearn) just past 4000 rpm...?

After the engine spun down to idle, did you shut it off...?

NoBox54
July 27th, 2017, 04:46 AM
Did you immediately release the throttle when the engine stumbled (due to CASE relearn) just past 4000 rpm...?

After the engine spun down to idle, did you shut it off...?

I did but perhaps incorrectly. I will run it again.
What reply should I get? That it learned the position

joecar
July 27th, 2017, 06:35 AM
When you initiate the CASE relearn, you have upto 10 seconds to bring engine speed up above 4000 rpm, ECM should then make engine stumble for a quick moment...

the engine stumble is your verification; if this does not happen, then CASE relearn did not happen;

the scantool doesn't really give you any verification, if you get an ok then the ECM accepted the command, but did not necessarily do it yet.

Immediately on engine stumble you have to release throttle and let engine spin down to idle, and then after than you have to shut off engine, and wait a few moments for ECM to store the learned data.

NoBox54
July 27th, 2017, 06:45 AM
When you initiate the CASE relearn, you have upto 10 seconds to bring engine speed up above 4000 rpm, ECM should then make engine stumble for a quick moment...

the engine stumble is your verification; if this does not happen, then CASE relearn did not happen;

the scantool doesn't really give you any verification, if you get an ok then the ECM accepted the command, but did not necessarily do it yet.

Immediately on engine stumble you have to release throttle and let engine spin down to idle, and then after than you have to shut off engine, and wait a few moments for ECM to store the learned data.

Joecar
If that is the case (no pun intended lol) then I think I accomplished the mission. I am going to run it o e more time to make sure.

Thank you very much for the great help.