PDA

View Full Version : $0533 after diagnostics at dealership

abeth
July 28th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I just had my 09 Chev 2500hd at the shop getting diagnostics done on a weird ignition problem which they have yet to resolve. While they had it they reflashed my ECM and also tried another ECM which did not solve the problem, so they put mine back in. When I picked up the truck today and tried to flash my IdahoRob tunes using my AutoCal I got error $0533. I read the ECM and looked at in EFILive Scan and Tune, and my ECM serial number does not match my engine number in my VIN licence. Looking back to an ECM read in 2014 I did prior to the first time I tuned the ECM I can see at that point the ECM serial and VIN Licence serial match. It looks like to me the dealership either: 1) Changed the serial of my ECM, 2) Did not swap my original ECM back in during diagnostics, despite them telling me I now have my original ECM.

Can you help me with this? I need the truck ASAP and am afraid to drive it without the DPF & EGR delete tune.

Thanks,
Phil

abeth
July 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM
The dealer did not reinstall my original ECM. I now have it back in and it took the flash.

Feel free to delete this thread unless you think it could be helpful to others.

Phil