PDA

View Full Version : LGH SOTF Tuning

BDDiesel1
August 3rd, 2017, 05:19 AM
Tried to load SOTF tuning on an LGH awhile back. Long Story short it will take a Base File and the SOTF file, but after the SOTF file is loaded the key is dead. Everything functions as normal just won't start. We tried other files via EFI Live and get the same thing. I've loaded an H&S tune in it and it loads right in and runs fine. Truck has a FPE CP3 and is Deleted, it's a C&C 3500 SRW truck. Any help would be great.

Road
August 3rd, 2017, 10:46 AM
Tried to load SOTF tuning on an LGH awhile back. Long Story short it will take a Base File and the SOTF file, but after the SOTF file is loaded the key is dead. Everything functions as normal just won't start. We tried other files via EFI Live and get the same thing. I've loaded an H&S tune in it and it loads right in and runs fine. Truck has a FPE CP3 and is Deleted, it's a C&C 3500 SRW truck. Any help would be great.

Most likely the switch tune is wrong OS or incompatible segments

ScarabEpic22
August 3rd, 2017, 12:16 PM
I know on some Dmax vans, SOTF doesnt work. I cant remember if it's the LGH or an earlier Dmax though...

GMPX
August 3rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
Can someone please explain to me something that has always puzzled me, why is altering the engine tune called 'Shift On The Fly' ?

rcr1978
August 5th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Should be called Snaken out there funds :w00t:

Road
August 5th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Can someone please explain to me something that has always puzzled me, why is altering the engine tune called 'Shift On The Fly' ?
I think it's actually "switch on the fly"

GMPX
August 6th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Should be called Snaken out there funds :w00t:
LOL, nice one.

I think it's actually "switch on the fly"
That may have been the initial idea but it is definitely called 'shift' out there on the internet.

DURAtotheMAX
August 12th, 2017, 01:54 AM
+1 for thinking its dumb calling it 'shift on the fly'....

All of the big players do call it SOTF, "shift on the fly".

GMC-2002-Dmax
August 12th, 2017, 03:19 AM
SOTF means "SWITCH ON THE FLY"

DURAtotheMAX
August 12th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Kory/ez lynk has stated "shift on the fly" multiple times.