PDA

View Full Version : Flashing

RonnieW
August 13th, 2017, 05:46 AM
I had to replace my pcm in my 01Z06. I bought a used one .I've tried doing a full flash to get my custom OS loaded. It keeps telling me that I need to license the pcm and I don't have any more license available. Is a new license required since I am replacing a pcm that is bad?

GMPX
August 13th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Yes a new license is required, however if you can show the receipt for your replacement PCM EFILive will issue you a complimentary license. Send and Email to support@efilive.com with a copy of the receipt.

Cheers,
Ross

RonnieW
August 13th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Yes a new license is required, however if you can show the receipt for your replacement PCM EFILive will issue you a complimentary license. Send and Email to support@efilive.com with a copy of the receipt.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross

RonnieW
August 13th, 2017, 11:57 PM
I got the license. Now the full flash keeps failing and coming back with bootloader failure. Check sum error. Any ideas?

Supercharged111
August 14th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Not the PCM's fault. There's a fuse you need to yank and reinstall but I forget what it is. In the trucks it's something that screws with the bus. On my neighbor's truck I get 1 shot to flash it and if it fails, the easiest thing is to drive 5 minutes and reattempt. Same deal with a couple other of the Gen III trucks I've flashed. My 98 is great, the PCM talks to nothing so I can just go at it and everything works.