PDA

View Full Version : Cold Start Tuning

jmsmotorsport
August 17th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Need some help with a cold start issue on a VE SS with a small 217/223 112lsa cam, have got the idle all smoothed out and it's idling nice once the ECT gets above 45 degrees c. I have played around with less timing in cranking and added to the cranking airflow tables but didn't seem to change anything. Anyone have some tips on cold start. I can get it to start with some throttle so I gathered it was any airflow issue. The car is currently setup maf less while I tune the VVE and then will go back to a MAF car, should I wait until I have MAF is back in and then sort the cold start/idle

Nick Fly
January 6th, 2021, 12:12 PM
I know this is an old thread but is there any threads that pertain to cold start tuning in the gen 4 E38 ECUs? I have found info on cold start tuning for the gen 3 stuff but nothing specific to the gen 4 stuff. It's highly possible I'm just missing it but if someone could direct me to a thread with some pointers in this area it would be greatly appreciated. Reason I ask is I am tuning an LC9 with a 218/229 duration, .541/.530 lift, 111 lobe separation cam (comp stage 1 thumpr) and after calming the surge down at idle I have lost my ability to cold start without giving it 30ish % throttle opening.