PDA

View Full Version : Scan Tool playing up

jmsmotorsport
August 19th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Have been data logging for the last 4 days without any issues but now when I use the V7.5 Scan tool it will connect to the ECM all good and go to start recording and it is all good starts recording but then no actual data is shown. If I go to the console tab it just shows it constantly loading the pids. Will run through them and say connected ok then starts again. I had also noticed if I just click monitor data it would just go to pause and wouldn't monitor this has been happening for ages. The strange thing is I can log data using V8? Have shutdown restarted computer but no change. Any of the programmers give any advice? All firmware is update and running latest versions.

joecar
August 19th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Please post the console tab text here

( go Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to copy all of it, then Ctrl-V to paste it in a reply here )

joecar
August 19th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Which V7 build version (go Help->About)...?

jmsmotorsport
August 19th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Would do joe but my internet has been down for two weeks and have resorted to using my iPhone for everything but as luck would have it woke up this morning plugged into car and what would you know it's bloody working again.

joecar
August 19th, 2017, 07:08 PM
lol, stuff happens :)

jmsmotorsport
August 19th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Yep that's it. While I have you joe have you had much to do with the e38s and the torque control settings?

joecar
August 21st, 2017, 04:42 AM
I've done a few E38's but I have not touched the torque control settings...