PDA

View Full Version : Aug 2017, Beta Release 10

Blacky
August 23rd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.10.334_Beta-10d.exe) (updated at 4:30pm PDT(USA) on Sunday Aug 27, 2017 to fix Known Issues #3, #4 and #5)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.5.324_Beta-10.exe)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_324.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 334 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 324 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.122 (Aug 23, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
The following controller type files may not load correctly in V7.5 with the error "Integer Overflow": E35A (LBZ), E35B (LMM), E80, E81, E82 and E84.

Workaround:
Update to V7.5.10.334 available in the link at the top of this post.

Issue #4:
The following controller type files may display invalid checksums when opened in V7.5, even though the checksums in the file are correct: CMB, CMC, CDM and CME.

Workaround:

Issue #5:
Some CME tune files are not displaying some calibration tables correctly.

Workaround:

-

Road
August 25th, 2017, 06:24 AM
This appeared to start occurring after the firmware update but may have nothing to do with EFI Live at all. Anyways I need help.

When opening a file in 7.5 I get a Integer Overflow error. Everything is working good on production software.

Blacky
August 25th, 2017, 09:12 AM
This appeared to start occurring after the firmware update but may have nothing to do with EFI Live at all. Anyways I need help.

When opening a file in 7.5 I get a Integer Overflow error. Everything is working good on production software.

Hi Mike,

Can you please send me the tune file that is causing the error? Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 25th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Hi Mike,

Can you please send me the tune file that is causing the error? Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Never mind, I have found and rectified the problem. An updated download is available in the first post.

Regards
Paul

Road
August 25th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Never mind, I have found and rectified the problem. An updated download is available in the first post.

Regards
Paul
Occurred on all E35 ecm files. Thanks

30 RUM
August 25th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I get a checksum error on all 5.9L Cummins auto or manual, csp5 and single flash. External Flash and Calibration Verification I have a red X next to both. Are we okay to flash 5.9 Cummins, I have one that needs to be updated?

Thanks

Sam

Blacky
August 25th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I get a checksum error on all 5.9L Cummins auto or manual, csp5 and single flash. External Flash and Calibration Verification I have a red X next to both. Are we okay to flash 5.9 Cummins, I have one that needs to be updated?

Thanks

Sam

No, don't flash it. I am seeing the same issue here. I will get it fixed asap and post an other update.

Regards
Paul

30 RUM
August 25th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I just checked my other computer and reinstalled V7.5, all the maps for the 5.9L are not lining up. Is this something that will be completed tonight by chance, I have the truck sitting in the drive way.. Lol

Thanks

Sam

30 RUM
August 25th, 2017, 01:08 PM
FYI V8 shows the file being good, and has different checksum's (I'm assuming the correct ones).

Blacky
August 25th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I just checked my other computer and reinstalled V7.5, all the maps for the 5.9L are not lining up. Is this something that will be completed tonight by chance, I have the truck sitting in the drive way.. Lol

Thanks

Sam

Working on it right now... Hopefully it will be fixed in the next hour or two.
Regards
Paul

30 RUM
August 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Sounds great,

Thanks Paul

Blacky
August 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Sounds great,

Thanks Paul

Update now available in first post.

Regards
Paul

whackem04
August 26th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Sorry found my answer

Road
August 27th, 2017, 01:33 AM
Calz on this file is not matching the file.

GMPX
August 27th, 2017, 08:54 AM
There is two issues here. Cummins stuffed up the OS numbering on the 68RFE OS's since about 2015 or so (mistake #1), it appears we've accidentally got something out of sync and the software is not loading the correct .calz (Mistake #2). Will be fixed ASAP.

mauro's automotive
August 27th, 2017, 10:29 AM
HI, im having trouble updating the firmware to the v2, firmwareis 2.07.107 boot block is 2.07.007 which is up to date but firmware i cant update

Blacky
August 27th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Calz on this file is not matching the file.

New update "Beta-10d" that fixes the problem, posted in first thread.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 27th, 2017, 10:52 AM
HI, im having trouble updating the firmware to the v2, firmwareis 2.07.107 boot block is 2.07.007 which is up to date but firmware i cant update

What is the error?

Regards
Paul

joecar
August 28th, 2017, 05:04 AM
HI, im having trouble updating the firmware to the v2, firmwareis 2.07.107 boot block is 2.07.007 which is up to date but firmware i cant updatePost a screenshot of what happens...

30 RUM
August 28th, 2017, 06:40 AM
This is something that I forgot to tell you guys about a long time ago. The timing calculator does not work on the 11-12 C&C Rams. I get a Calibration A9104, A9102 and A9103 not found in CSP#1, Calibration A9204, A9202, and A9203 not found in CSP# 2. I'm assuming this is because there are no fuel pressure maps in the CSP2 files?

Thanks

Sam