PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to change to a 2bar tune...709rwhp through an EFI maf tune.

onfire
June 16th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Just looking for positive reasons. Last dyno run maxed the turbos out at 709rwhp through a t400 trans. Twin Incon system on a ls1 in a Firehawk. I can start the car with 2 fingers (and one key...lol). Idles like stock, drive like stock till the boost hits. 11.8 : 1 AF ratio with PE vs RPM hacks.

Runs 10.3's at 137mph with a horrible 1.8 sixty.

I bought the custom OS EFI LIVE, but can't justify changing over from the EFI Live maf tune. BTW, I love the EFI Live tuning and Flashscan tools....very nice programs.:master:

Why change if I'm not running mutiple boost levels?:help2:

MN C5
June 16th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Because your times and MPH are pretty slow for your power level.

I've run 10mph better with a 100rwhp less and that was before Flashscan was out:notacrook:

onfire
June 16th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Because your times and MPH are pretty slow for your power level.

I've run 10mph better with a 100rwhp less and that was before Flashscan was out:notacrook:

You're mistaking race parameters with tuning parameters. Race parameters = 4100Ft altitude, 3800lbs race weight, track prep etc.

Come to Bristol and your +10mph -100rwhp will surprise you;)

How can more hp or better driving manners be had with sd over a maf tune is my question?

ringram
June 16th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Is your maf reading over 511g/sec?
If so you may get more accurate mapping with sd mode 2bar

onfire
June 16th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Is your maf reading over 511g/sec?
If so you may get more accurate mapping with sd mode 2bar

The maf hits 512 around 3800rpm. From there I have to manipulate RPM vs PE. Some places I have to command 8.5:1 to get 11.8 :1, so it's very programming dependent. A maf tune isn't the best way to tune, but I'm just looking for real benefits to put the extra hours in to start over.

If you're changing boost levels, IMHO sd is a no brainer. I like to lock it and leave it though.

Should be some pressure drop benefit from removing the maf .

ringram
June 16th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Well if you have messed with the tables to it reads right on a wideband over all load points you might not gain much, other than as you say removing the restriction of the maf. Many find off idle response is also improved in SD mode.
I guess it depends if you like messing about and doing it "right".
Afterall you can save your current tune, have a play in the custom OS and always flash it back at the end of the day. I think you will like the fact that once you get it dialed in your commanded will equal actual and future tweaks and changes will be more easily handled.

onfire
June 16th, 2006, 07:46 AM
" future tweaks and changes will be more easily handled."

Another good point as I'm going to install larger turbos in the future.

MN C5
June 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Glad you've got a sense of humor:bash: The 2 or 3 bar will allow you to leave with more boost or less depending your traction situation:notacrook: