PDA

View Full Version : PID's, DSP5, Turbo Vane, Fuel level, Fuel Rail, ect

larski156
August 30th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Looking real hard at putting android in my dash. Playing with the elm327 and torque pro. I want to setup some custom PID's so i can read right from the radio. I have the option to request custom pid through the torque app but can't find anything on what the dsp5 pid is. 21445

GMPX
August 30th, 2017, 01:10 PM
It is not a normal PID, specific memory addresses per OS must be requested. I don't recall what that is on the VPW bus but it isn't normal SAE or GM Enhanced methods.

Chavez91
August 31st, 2017, 01:53 PM
Looking real hard at putting android in my dash. Playing with the elm327 and torque pro. I want to setup some custom PID's so i can read right from the radio. I have the option to request custom pid through the torque app but can't find anything on what the dsp5 pid is. 21445

I guess it depends on what truck you are messing with.

On VPW there is a Mode $23 request that will allow you to request data from specific memory addresses. Which is what you will need. You would need to request the Memory address that stores what DSP tune you are currently in. This address will vary by OS. I'm not sure 100% if mode $23 works correctly on the LB7 or LLY as I haven't messed with it in quite a while.

If not there is mode $2B and $2C that you can for sure use to request the Memory PIDs. But Im not sure that data structure can be supported by the ELM or TORQUE App As for that one you would have multiple PIDs structured into a single packet of data with a MAX of 5 or 6 packets IIRC.

It's all layed out in the SAE J2190 Documentation on how to use the different Modes.