PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever figuer out injection mode assignment ?

staytuned
September 2nd, 2017, 02:53 AM
specifically 1-1121459

Snipesy
September 3rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Pretty sure its desired engine run state and previous engine run state, or something like that.

I do not think this is actually the table which says which engine mode gets used eventually. It is more like a... "Okay I want to go to this engine state from this engine state... What needs to be done before that happens?"

GMPX
September 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
One thing is for sure, as it was written by Bosch then it will be overly complicated and make no sense....not helping I know, just my opinion :grin:

30 RUM
September 14th, 2017, 07:37 AM
If I remember correctly the competition allows you to set the run modes (ie B1250). Do you think we will ever be able to do that with EFI Live?

Thanks

GMPX
September 14th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Set them to what though? Random numbers that we don't know what they do (well, EFILive doesn't anyway).

Snipesy
September 14th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Because they are just random numbers. :music_whistling_1:

30 RUM
September 14th, 2017, 11:22 PM
What I think they have in mind is you are able to lock or keep the ecm in a particular run mode. Not saying it is correct, but if you want to keep the thing in run mode 0, that would be one way to do it. But I'm sure you will end up with other problems when the ecm does all of the checks and balances and you end up with a 606 code. :doh:

GMPX
September 15th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Because they are just random numbers. :music_whistling_1:
Of course but what EFILive has to try to display to the masses is some sort of functional description, not everyone is happy to dabble in the hex world. And if setting any of those to the wrong mode causes issues then general users will look to us for an explanation as to why, at the moment I cannot explain that.

Snipesy
September 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Well on the Cruze there are 3 modes... technically 4 if count the super secret alleged mode 3.

It's not necesarilly a requirement that everything uses the same modes, but assuming that, there are at least some patterns.

Mode 0 tends to always be general purpose. It is where the engine will like to stay at. It can take a long time to get to Mode 0 though. Sometimes a whole 10 to 15 minutes of the engine running before it changes to mode 0. Once in mode 0, you will stay in mode 0 until you turn the engine off, or a regen starts. Mode 0 is seperated between egr on and egr off, for silly reasons. That's another post...

Which means Mode 1 is used for pre regeneration and just overall making the engine warmer.

And mode 2 is used for the actual regeneration.

It's actually, pretty simple. Now look at this table for the 'main injection' and tell me it makes sense to you.

But then there is the LML. And uhhhhhh yeah, it has 6 (again technically 7) modes. So uh, have fun untangling that spaghetti.