PDA

View Full Version : 1Mb PCM + IAC driver?

greasess
September 3rd, 2017, 05:12 AM
I have a 1Mb PCM without an IAC driver. If I were to solder on the appropriate driver would this be all that's necessary to have a working cable throttle setup? Has anyone tried this? I have all the parts here and I'm probably just gonna go for it. Any advice anyone has to give would be great.

greasess
September 3rd, 2017, 05:19 AM
It looks like there is one capacitor to add too.

joecar
September 3rd, 2017, 06:44 AM
I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in your outcome.

GMPX
September 3rd, 2017, 09:30 AM
Could be all sorts off little parts missing (resistors etc), if the PCM's aren't too expensive these days I'd just be getting the right one and perhaps save yourself some grief.

greasess
September 3rd, 2017, 12:20 PM
I have a stack of PCMs in front of me and I don't mind if a few get ruined. I can't find any of the right pcms in the junk yards near me. Most of them get snatched quickly. I'm planning on installing a roadrunner on the test pcm. I don't want to waste $125 on a pcm that may not help me at all. Also, does anyone know where to get the 44 pin roadrunner header? I'm hoping for a really cheap Chinese site so I can order a bunch...

greasess
September 3rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
So I soldered in the missing cap and I found a missing resistor. I don't know it's value. If anyone has a 1mb PCM around and can look that would be great. The location is in the picture.21467

greasess
September 3rd, 2017, 04:19 PM
I have soldered in a hand full of missing components but there are about a dozen left. I'm working from the low res pic above. If anyone can get really good closeups of one of these front and back it would really help.

greasess
September 8th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I would like to continue working on this but I had to get out of florida because of hurricane irma. It looks like Pinellas county might get hit hard.

joecar
September 8th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Keep safe.