PDA

View Full Version : E67 VS 0411 opinions

zapp168
September 5th, 2017, 05:43 AM
I have done several swaps with various LS engines, the latest swap will be using a 2013 Camaro ZL1 supercharged 6.2. I am VERY familiar with the 0411 controller, however I am thinking of using the E67 controller that was used with the engine to begin with. I currently have several 0411 controllers and several harness parts for it. I have nothing for the E67. My question is, in the long run is the E67 going to be a much better controller thus worth the extra effort? I can already see that just loading in a factory tune as a base is an advantage, I will be running a T56 so I don't think a transmission controller is needed, and there seems to be enough aftermarket throttle pedal assemblies to make the DBW a non-issue. The reluctor is also a non-issue as I have the engine out and a few of either variety on hand.

Let me know what you think....Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
September 5th, 2017, 08:48 AM
I'd just use a factory CTS-V E67 ECM + OS for a manual and call it a day. You can control everything like it's in the vehicle, just kill VATS and be on your merry way. Run a CTS-V pedal (or a compatible one) and use the factory throttle body. Advantages over the 0411 are that it is already tuned for it (just fine tuning required), you can control the heat exchanger pump via the ECM, and control boost via ECM vs external boost controller (imagine there are others as well).

There is a learning curve for tuning a Gen IV ECM vs a Gen III, but it's not horrible and the same principles apply just takes a little different approach.

joecar
September 5th, 2017, 09:25 AM
It's hard to say... E38/E67 are more advanced/faster/complex than 0411, they are a bit harder to tune.

Lextech
September 5th, 2017, 10:59 AM
You can't run a 58x engine on a 12200411 PCM. The 0411 will run 3x, 4x, 24x Crank Reluctors.

Jeff

LastCall
September 5th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I run a 411 PCM in my own truck with a 2 bar OS and I like it.

I've tuned several LSAs in swaps using the E67 controller. The advantages to using it are provisions for the side mounted knock sensors and proper calibration data for them, boost control solenoid, IAT 2 temp sensor, and Intercooler pump control. You also have a ton of maf resolution so an SD tune is not required but an option if you want to go that route. I also think the factory narrowband controls work faster and more accurate than the 411's.

You should be able to run the 58X reluctor with a 411 PCM with the converter box.

zapp168
September 6th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I'd just use a factory CTS-V E67 ECM + OS for a manual and call it a day. You can control everything like it's in the vehicle, just kill VATS and be on your merry way. Run a CTS-V pedal (or a compatible one) and use the factory throttle body. Advantages over the 0411 are that it is already tuned for it (just fine tuning required), you can control the heat exchanger pump via the ECM, and control boost via ECM vs external boost controller (imagine there are others as well).

There is a learning curve for tuning a Gen IV ECM vs a Gen III, but it's not horrible and the same principles apply just takes a little different approach.

Yes I know I have tuned a couple and the virtual VE table had my head spinning, there were just minor mods so there was nothing crazy to them, but still, I was not very comfortable.
Thanks!

zapp168
September 6th, 2017, 01:39 PM
You can't run a 58x engine on a 12200411 PCM. The 0411 will run 3x, 4x, 24x Crank Reluctors.

Jeff

Yup, know that! I have the tool to swap them. Thanks!

zapp168
September 6th, 2017, 01:53 PM
I think having looked at these answers I am going to go ahead with the E67 controller. With the changes I am making to the engine it will need tuning, but I can at least start with a stock supercharged tune. Going to have to come out of my safe zone eventually. BTW Wanted to look at a stock tune for one, where is Holden crazy?
Thank you all!

ScarabEpic22
September 6th, 2017, 03:23 PM
HoldenCrazy has been replaced by the DropBox: EFILive Tune Repository DropBox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk3ssxbw/AAAOydqwo_stEO4Rs4SRJ9NGa?dl=0)

zapp168
September 8th, 2017, 11:43 PM
HoldenCrazy has been replaced by the DropBox: EFILive Tune Repository DropBox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk3ssxbw/AAAOydqwo_stEO4Rs4SRJ9NGa?dl=0)

Thanks again!