PDA

View Full Version : Can I scan/log my 2017 Z06 with my V2 that is Only Cummins Licensed

Move'n Up
September 6th, 2017, 04:25 AM
I have a V2 that I've been logging and tuning my 5.9 cummins with for a while now but would like to scan and log my new 2017 Z06 (E92?). Is this possible even though it's only licensed to tune cummins?

If possible is it just a matter of setting up a new BBX file on the V2?

Thx

ScarabEpic22
September 6th, 2017, 06:04 AM
You can scan/log any supported vehicle with a FlashScan V2, regardless of Tuning option(s) enabled. Only when you go to flash a controller do you need to have the proper Tuning option AND a spare VIN license available.

If you want to tune your Z06, you will need to purchase the GM Tuning option which comes with 2 additional VIN licenses.

Yes, just setup a new BBX file or use pass-through logging.

Move'n Up
September 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks Erik
Knew that I'd need to add the GM license to tune just wasn't sure if I could scan/log. Not sure yet if I'll tune this one myself after looking at all the tables in a stock file :ermm:
I do have prior experience data logging with wideband O2's and tuning the LS6 in a 2003 Z06 that I use to own so it's not out of the question. I've also custom tuned the ECU in my 2009 Hayabusa for LSR (land speed racing).

ScarabEpic22
September 6th, 2017, 03:29 PM
The E92s add a handful of complexity, but they're closer to diesels in that injection timing is much more important. :) There are a ton of tables that all interact even closer than the Gen III and Gen IV ECMs!