PDA

View Full Version : E67 to another E67

andy18
September 17th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Hi guys, my question is is it possible to make a full backup of #1 E67 ECM and then back it up to another #2 E67 ECM (used from another car)? Will the VATS cause problem?

I want to have a spare ECM, just in case I mess up the original one and I found one pretty cheap.

Thank You.

andy18
September 18th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Nobody knows?

Often tuned ECUs will not pass the test. Having an original back up, ready to plug in would be a great solution to this.

joecar
September 18th, 2017, 07:14 AM
It should work if the year/model of the spare ECM is close/same as your main ECM.

If you full flash the same tune onto the spare ECM, VATS should not cause any problem, AFAIK.

andy18
September 18th, 2017, 07:19 AM
It should work if the year/model of the spare ECM is close/same as your main ECM.

If you full flash the same tune onto the spare ECM, VATS should not cause any problem, AFAIK.

Thank you, that would require 2 VIN licenses? Because I read from one VIN and transfer to another?

A

ScarabEpic22
September 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM
No, it will only require 1 VIN license if you intend to keep 1 of the ECMs factory. Reading/logging does not use a license, only when you flash a controller.

Note, you will need to obtain a spare ECM that has has the proper OS loaded via TIS/GM SPS. You cannot buy a random junkyard or even a brand new controller and Full Flash it with EFILive to have a spare ECM. If a new ECM, you need to ensure it is the correct part number and has been flashed for your vehicle with TIS/SPS. If a used controller, you need to make sure the OS on the controller is compatible with your vehicles' OS before attempting to flash with TIS/SPS.

joecar
September 26th, 2017, 03:35 PM
+1 flashing requires a license, reading does not.