PDA

View Full Version : Sep 2017, Release Candidate 2

Blacky
September 18th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.11_RC2.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.6_RC2.exe)

Release Candidate Version

This RC2 version may now be used by all EFILive tuners and their customers in production environments.
Barring any serious problems being discovered, this RC2 will become the official public download.
If you do discover a problem with this RC2 software, please report it to EFILive as soon as possible by posting in this thread or by emailing support@efilive.com or by logging a support request in the helpdesk (https://support.efilive.com/).

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_6.htm)

PLEASE read the "Important Changes" section at the top of the "What's New" document.
The way EFILive reports/uses software version numbers has changed (new in RC2).
The way EFILive reports and manages out of range calibrations has changed (new in RC1).

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.11 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.6 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.124 (Sep 17, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-

joecar
September 18th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks Paul.

wesam
September 19th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks Paul
Is there any way to automatically put the VIN number in the Log file name in V7.5 as in the previous updates ?
I tried to find this option but could not

Blacky
September 19th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks Paul
Is there any way to automatically put the VIN number in the Log file name in V7.5 as in the previous updates ?
I tried to find this option but could not

Yes, just use the tag <vin> in the filename template.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
September 20th, 2017, 06:47 AM
This got smaller!

Blacky
September 20th, 2017, 07:27 AM
This got smaller!

What got smaller?

joecar
September 21st, 2017, 07:52 AM
Under V7 scantool Properties->Folders->Tune Files, for Subfolder template, in the Tag drop down is it possible/easy to include <vin> and <cn> (i.e. consistent with scan file subfolder template)...?

joecar
September 22nd, 2017, 06:42 AM
( and it would be real handy if the V7 scantool could also have a property (under Folders) to specify the calc pids txt file )

:)

Blacky
September 22nd, 2017, 03:33 PM
( and it would be real handy if the V7 scantool could also have a property (under Folders) to specify the calc pids txt file )

:)

Agreed, I've often thought that would be nice for trying out files from other users (I'll see what I can do).

Regards
Paul

Boostin99SS
September 23rd, 2017, 05:46 AM
I keep getting decompression error #2026 on both files.
Downloaded multiple times, same thing.
Disabled real time scan on McAfee same thing.
Any ideas?

Thx

Blacky
September 23rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
I keep getting decompression error #2026 on both files.
Downloaded multiple times, same thing.
Disabled real time scan on McAfee same thing.
Any ideas?

Thx

It is usually caused by some other software using one of the files that the installer is either installing or trying to modify/update. Most times it is the virus checker checking the files as they are being installed and clashing with the installer. But you said you disabled your anti-virus. If the error message occurs with any file that has "ft" in its name (like ftdibus.sys, or ftd2xx.lib, etc) then try unplugging any FlashScan/AutoCal devices (and any other USB devices that may use the FTDI USB driver set).
And/or try rebooting the PC and installing the software immediately after a reboot.

Regards
Paul

Boostin99SS
September 23rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
Tried that, no change.
It is occurring with the EFILIVE.exe file

joecar
September 23rd, 2017, 08:32 PM
Agreed, I've often thought that would be nice for trying out files from other users (I'll see what I can do).

Regards
PaulThanks Paul.

wait4me
September 25th, 2017, 02:41 AM
If you are flashing in V8, and you open another instance or file. During the flashing event, Especially a cummins ecm, It will fail the flash after it gets to the end. The polling of the usb device during the open event or any attempt to communicate to the flashscan to verify things, interrupts the flash event and makes it not recoverable. Gives a checksum error on the flash.
Another instance of the same thing is, Have a file flashing in the background, and open and edit a file and save that file with a lock, where it checks usb serial number/info, at that time as well, it will take over the cable for a brief second, causing the flash to go bad.

wait4me
September 25th, 2017, 02:44 AM
Another slight bug. When using BBX to update the autocal, if you go away from that screen to do other things, it will make the files corrupt sometimes???? Or it will give an error saying that there was a failure.
Also, when using efi explorer, if you copy over a file, and click out of the box, to do something else, it fails on the transfer. Also, the progress bar across the screen freezes about 1 inch in making it look like the software is unresponsive. when doing that if you try to do anything else, it looks locked up and then fails.

Both verified on several computers here.

shotgunbob
September 28th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Remote link and un-link for autocals does not function when you click on the icon in control panel nothing is displayed.

cindy@efilive
September 28th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Remote link and un-link for autocals does not function when you click on the icon in control panel nothing is displayed.

The remote link/unlink appears to be working. Do you have any more details on your issue?

I tested with firmware 2.07.123 and firmware 2.07.124 using the RC2 software posted in this thread.

With FlashScan connected to the PC, I opened V8 S&T
Selected Control Panel from the launch screen.
Selected [F7:Licenses] -> [Status] to establish FlashScan connection.
I then selected [Generate Remote-Link Code] and [Generate Remote-Unlink Code] from the drop down on the link button.
The dialog box to enter the AutoCal serial was available, and when populated, the Email with the activation code was present.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
September 29th, 2017, 07:07 AM
If you are flashing in V8, and you open another instance or file. During the flashing event, Especially a cummins ecm, It will fail the flash after it gets to the end. The polling of the usb device during the open event or any attempt to communicate to the flashscan to verify things, interrupts the flash event and makes it not recoverable. Gives a checksum error on the flash.
Another instance of the same thing is, Have a file flashing in the background, and open and edit a file and save that file with a lock, where it checks usb serial number/info, at that time as well, it will take over the cable for a brief second, causing the flash to go bad.

Opening another tune window/file does not cause any comms with the FlashScan device, so that is a safe operation to perform during a read/reflash.
Saving a file during a reflash when that file has security settings will require some USB comms (to verify the FlashScan serial number) so that may (probably will) cause issues during a read or flash - the software should (but does not yet) prevent that situation. It will be fixed in the next update.
Using EFILive_Explorer during a read or flash will cause problems - that is something you should not do.

Blacky
September 29th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Another slight bug. When using BBX to update the autocal, if you go away from that screen to do other things, it will make the files corrupt sometimes???? Or it will give an error saying that there was a failure.
Also, when using efi explorer, if you copy over a file, and click out of the box, to do something else, it fails on the transfer. Also, the progress bar across the screen freezes about 1 inch in making it look like the software is unresponsive. when doing that if you try to do anything else, it looks locked up and then fails.

Both verified on several computers here.

Don't perform any other tasks while using EFILive Explorer. EFILive Explorer is not synchronized completely with the V8 scan and tune software so it will always clash if you attempt to use both applications at the same time to communicate with FlashScan.

The progress meter freezing is something that can't/won't be fixed in EFILive Explorer. It is caused because EFILive Explorer was written as a single threaded application which means Windows detects the time that EFILive Explorer spends waiting for the USB comms as "unresponsive". Once it "detects" that it puts the "Not responding" in the title bar and freezes the progress meter. Eventually the functionality of EFILive Explorer will be rolled into the V8 scan and tune software and EFILive Explorer will no longer be needed/used.

Regards
Paul