PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Connection Problem

Gordy M
September 19th, 2017, 05:53 AM
After hundreds of scan logs, on occasion when I plug my cable into the OBD2 connector it will cause the car to go into "limp home" mode. Which pin in my cable or the connector would cause this so I can straighten the pin or adjust the connector plug. If i unplug the cable and then re start the engine everything works ok.

joecar
September 19th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Did this happen with FSV1 or FSV2...?

joecar
September 19th, 2017, 06:04 AM
What year/model/vehicle...?

joecar
September 19th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Did you just plug FS into your OBDII/ALDL socket...?

Or did you also run say the scantool or tunetool...?

joecar
September 19th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Is your vehicle's battery fully charged...?

Gordy M
September 19th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Car is 2000 Corvette, battery is 12.7V disconnected, using V2. It happens when I have the car running and I plug the V2 and cable onto the OBD2 port. I have also had it happen when I had the laptop connected to V2 and then tried to connect to the OBD2.

Blacky
September 19th, 2017, 08:29 AM
The following pins are connected from the OBDII connector to FlashScan.

So the possible conflicts are
pin 1
pin 6
pin 9
pin 12
pin 14

Pin 1 is not used by FlashScan and should not cause any compatibility issues - you may remove/cut it from the end of the OBDII cable if you want to.
Pins 6 and 14 are used by FlashScan to detect CAN vehicles. FlashScan will send data on those pins looking for any CAN based controllers. That may interfere with modules that may be hardwired to those pins.
Pin 9 is currently not used by FlashScan, it is reserved for ALDL communications for OBDI controllers.
Pin 12 is not currently used by FlashScan, it is reserved (on blue FlashScans only) for SCI programming on early Cummins vehicles.

Those pins listed above on a 2000 Corvette may be connected to other modules such as ABS/Air bag etc. You may need to find the wiring diagram for your OBDII connector to determine what is connected to each pin.

Regards
Paul