PDA

View Full Version : E86A Not Recognized By EFILive

30 RUM
September 23rd, 2017, 06:20 AM
EFILive will not recognize this E86A controller. According to the service# it is for a 2012 D-Max, just not sure why V8 will not recognize it. The below pics are the ecm tag, and OBD2 using V8. I manually selected the E86A tab. According to the tune file service number 12648344 is supported. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Road
September 23rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Looks like it recognized it. Are you trying to read it?

30 RUM
September 23rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
It did not recognize it. I had to manually select the controller. I know it can't be read with EFILive. V8 will not allow to flash, it says the controller is not an E86.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Road
September 23rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
It has odd OS too. I would make sure V2 firmware is up to date.

30 RUM
September 23rd, 2017, 11:49 PM
Yes defiantly an odd OS. This is a new replacement ecm. The last E86B ecm I swapped out had a strange OS as well.

GMPX
September 25th, 2017, 10:48 AM
This is a new replacement ecm.
They ship from Bosch with some generic no run calibration and OS because they assume that every time GM will be connecting to TIS and flashing the correct OS/Cals in for the truck. V8 won't pick up the controller type because it must not respond with known messages with that program in the ECM.

30 RUM
September 25th, 2017, 11:02 AM
They ship from Bosch with some generic no run calibration and OS because they assume that every time GM will be connecting to TIS and flashing the correct OS/Cals in for the truck. V8 won't pick up the controller type because it must not respond with known messages with that program in the ECM.So is the only solution to flash it with tis first? Is there any way to force V8 to full flash over the OS in the ecm?

Thanks

Sam

GMPX
September 25th, 2017, 11:37 AM
V8 cannot be forced to flash over an OS it is not familiar with, trust me this has saved many users needing to purchase new ECM's by not corrupting them if we allowed that.
EFILive works around the logic that it will be tuning a running vehicle and therefore a standard release GM OS. A brand new off the shelf ECM will need to be initialised with TIS.

30 RUM
September 25th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Okay,

Will do.

I assume I should do the vats learn after the ecm is flashed with tis correct?

Thanks

GMPX
September 25th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Yeah that is the issue, additional set up needs to be done with TIS, injector flows, blah, blah. Pretty sure there is an option in TIS to do all this at the time of programming.

30 RUM
September 25th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Sounds good,

I must have got lucky on the other E86B I did. It had a goofy os as well but V8 did alow the flash. And yes with the E86B you definitely bed TIS for a vats learn. I was able to copy injector data though with the V2. I thought I read somewhere with the E86A we could cheat it with changing the Vats timers. Looks like I need to go to a buddies place and dig out the Ol MDI2.

Thanks again.