PDA

View Full Version : CMC High RPM Fueling

comnrailpwr
September 27th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Any plans to find the limiters in this ECM causing them to pull fuel at 3400 and not go over 4000rpm?

Road
September 28th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Try this

2007 5.9
September 28th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Try this

You can set them to 8000 and it doesn't matter, CMC pulls fuel 35-3700rpm. Only those who have CAX their own way, have high rpm.

comnrailpwr
September 28th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Correct. Was hoping efi would work on a fix for this at some point. Would be nice to not have to convert ecms on these trucks.

2007 5.9
September 28th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Correct. Was hoping efi would work on a fix for this at some point. Would be nice to not have to convert ecms on these trucks.

They did for the CMD and CME controllers, so I can't see why not for the CMC. And yes I agree, not having to ecm swap would be very nice.

GMPX
September 28th, 2017, 12:19 PM
CMC code is quite different to the later ECM's. I really struggled in many areas with the CMC ECM, it kept me up at night many times!!
Let me ask around :grin:

Road
September 30th, 2017, 11:19 AM
You can set them to 8000 and it doesn't matter, CMC pulls fuel 35-3700rpm. Only those who have CAX their own way, have high rpm.
EVERYTHING needed is in EFI. No cax file or editing outside of EFI needed.

GMPX
September 30th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Thanks Mike, good to know (I really wasn't sure myself).

comnrailpwr
September 30th, 2017, 01:20 PM
EVERYTHING needed is in EFI. No cax file or editing outside of EFI needed.
So you are saying I can get 5000rpm full fuel with the CMC ecm with what is currently mapped out, irregardless of OS used and with CSP format? Because that's what I'm after.

Road
September 30th, 2017, 01:26 PM
So you are saying I can get 5000rpm full fuel with the CMC ecm with what is currently mapped out, irregardless of OS used and with CSP format? Because that's what I'm after.
Yes

comnrailpwr
September 30th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Interesting. I'll have to do some more testing

Road
September 30th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Interesting. I'll have to do some more testing
Go to the fuel pressure tab and make it keep the regulator closed. You will need to disable the engine over speed fault too. Have any issues let me know.

Mitco39
October 1st, 2017, 12:00 PM
Thats not what I found, I had to cax in a few things to have FULL fueling above 3700-3800rpm. Without the cax file I made it would only do around that mark, as many others had the same outcome.

Road
October 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
Thats not what I found, I had to cax in a few things to have FULL fueling above 3700-3800rpm. Without the cax file I made it would only do around that mark, as many others had the same outcome.

The video i sent you last month had nothing changed outside of EFI Live

Mitco39
October 1st, 2017, 12:49 PM
The video i sent you last month had nothing changed outside of EFI Live

That video only hit 37-3800rpm which is the limit you will hit without outside changes. I was hitting that as well but if you sit on the dyno and hold a gear she will bounce off the limiter right around the same spot yours shifts at.

comnrailpwr
October 1st, 2017, 12:54 PM
I haven't had a chance to test but yes I'm looking fo full fuel north of 4k. Preferably to 5k. I didn't think this was doable within what efilive currently has mapped .

Road
October 1st, 2017, 01:12 PM
I haven't had a chance to test but yes I'm looking fo full fuel north of 4k. Preferably to 5k. I didn't think this was doable within what efilive currently has mapped .

The only other thing that i know that can be changed outside of Efi is the enabler for fuel control.

Mitco39
October 1st, 2017, 01:17 PM
There is another way, smarty does that but I wasnt able to figure out how but I did find a hard limiter RPM that I was able to change in the bin via a cax.

SASDakota
October 2nd, 2017, 04:39 AM
I'm curious Mike, are you saying you can pull any MM3 you want out of the CM2100 with only EFI mapped params? Atleast until 3700rpm ish.

Road
October 2nd, 2017, 05:57 AM
I'm curious Mike, are you saying you can pull any MM3 you want out of the CM2100 with only EFI mapped params? Atleast until 3700rpm ish.
The only thing I can find EFI live don't have mapped that could help is the disable bit for fuel limiters and the hard limiter for the OS. And not for sure if those are in all of the OS. I personally have not took one much over 4k as the ones I have test are customers trucks but have no issues making power to 4k. Just had a 2007 dropped off today for a tune. I will do my best to get it sorted and report back.

SASDakota
October 2nd, 2017, 06:12 AM
I've seen the evidence that the hard OS limit will not let you get to 4000. It is a rather abrupt wall according to the datalogs.

We have a solution to high rpms via modifying the file outside EFI, just was curious if it was done another way IN EFI. And if it held full mm3 all the way out with current mapped params. I've seen a taper in fuel qty usually around 3000-3200 without intervention.

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 06:22 AM
I cannot find any help with cax. I have searched and looked for classes. Asked around a bit but seems in the diesel community you are belittled for not being born with the knowledge. I'm a tuner. I consider myself pretty good and do my best. Have tuned most platforms of diesel using several products/softwares. Reading binary interests me but going at it without resources and alone is daunting and intimidating. I'm willing to put the time, effort and capital up for the tools to do so.

With that said i guess its back to a variation of the original question.

Does EFILive have any plans to find the limiters in this ECM preventing them from going full fuel to 5000rpm?

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 2nd, 2017, 07:26 AM
A CAX file is simply a notepad.txt file named as a .cax, it is created by the tuner and when the EFI-Live editor opens the calz file it also opens and displays the definitions in the CAX File.

There is not simpler way to explain it, it can only be created by someone who is able to find, identify and then create the CAX File, there is no secrets.

The information must be obtained, as in someone shares with you the hex address, the factor, offset and precision, or you have no chance unless you figure it out or can run IDA and disassemble code and reverse engineer code, that is what Ross does.

It sucks, but if anyone has info that gives an advantage, they don't share it usually.

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
So once a cax is created where is it put so the calz file when opened it also displays the cax? I remember their are also special naming of the .cax in order for efilive to open and understand it. What is a best software to use, winOLS, tuner Pro? I don't want anyone to hold my hand or share their work on the mapping itself. Just some guidance in the correct direction in getting to the point of finding it in the hex and then opening it in efilive once it's found.. Before long I would be running south a mile when all it took was one step north. I have worked with a .cax provided by fleece once to use their dual pump controller but cannot remember where that file was put and renamed to get the result I got. Do you know of any good dreading or research so I can better my knowledge on the subject?

SASDakota
October 2nd, 2017, 07:58 AM
When I was trying to learn how cax worked I read the entire CAX forum section front to back and back to front. Poked at a few files shared to understand the format. And tried to display data in EFI with a quarantined tune file. Spare PCM not a bad idea either.

But at the end of the day that is the easiest part of the whole thing. Finding the useful data is the daunting task. Tony/Ridgerunner just outlined what that entails. The CAX information already exists. Aside from the occasional bugs I and others have run into (mainly bitmasks) CAX itself is very straight forward.

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 08:09 AM
When I was trying to learn how cax worked I read the entire CAX forum section front to back and back to front. Poked at a few files shared to understand the format. And tried to display data in EFI with a quarantined tune file. Spare PCM not a bad idea either.

But at the end of the day that is the easiest part of the whole thing. Finding the useful data is the daunting task. Tony/Ridgerunner just outlined what that entails. The CAX information already exists. Aside from the occasional bugs I and others have run into (mainly bitmasks) CAX itself is very straight forward.
Thank you. I'll venture over there and start reading. I have some but not front to back.

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 2nd, 2017, 08:53 AM
I use WINOLS.

So if the integer(s) are not specific to metric or sae values then its a bit easier, so if its something like a fuel tank gals or litres you need to denote the factors and offsets to display the raw values correctly in the editor by displaying metric or imperial values, some are not specific values and are raw numbers multiplied by a factor only.

The CAX File is named with the "OS Number.cax" and it is saved in the following WIN7 directory path

C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

Here is an "example" of a simple single address value for LML files if EFI Live did not provide a gear ratio value and you wanted to alter that value using a .CAX FILE

Calibration definition extension for OS 12644094

The actual HEX ADDRESS would be where I placed XXXXXX's

[G2507]
; Description
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESC.001 = Diff Gear Ratio
;
; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
; --- -------------------------------- ---------------- ---------------- --- --- -- ---
VIEW = 8 " Diff Gear Ratio for Gear Swaps" "Speedo" "" 1 1 0 0
;
; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
ADDR = XXXXXX 0 16 SNM 0
;
; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
; -------- -------------- ------ ---- -------- -------- -------- --------
SI_SLOT = RATIO .01 0 1 0 600 0 600
;
; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
; -------- -------------- ------ ---- -------- -------- -------- --------
IM_SLOT = RATIO .01 0 1 0 600 0 600
;
; Body Col Row
; -------------- -------------- --------------
ULABELS = . . .
;
; Enumerations
; -------------------------------------------------------------------
SI_ENUM = .
IM_ENUM = .
;
; Units Labels
; ---------------- -----------------------------------------------------
SI_COL = . .
IM_COL = . .
;
SI_ROW = . "RATIO"
IM_ROW = . "RATIO"
; ================================================== ================================

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 08:57 AM
Thanks Tony. That's the kind of information I was looking for.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Does EFILive have any plans to find the limiters in this ECM preventing them from going full fuel to 5000rpm?
I tried but could never find the limiter, it kept me up at night I can assure you.

Also, there is a sample .cax file in the EFILive installs located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

The file is called 'Template.cax' and it shows every possible way to define a .cax, you can just view it in Notepad.

Important note, if people want to go messing around with files outside of EFILive or via .cax there is a very real possibility you may brick the ECM by defining something wrong, EFILive will not cover replacement licenses in these instances.

Road
October 2nd, 2017, 10:42 AM
This truck I tuned on to day was hitting a wall at 4000 rpm. Fueling was no problem up to that point as I had issues with rail relief popping. This one had the 11551035 cal. Truck belonged to a dealer and had it sold so was unable to spend much time with it.

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 12:36 PM
This truck I tuned on to day was hitting a wall at 4000 rpm. Fueling was no problem up to that point as I had issues with rail relief popping. This one had the 11551035 cal. Truck belonged to a dealer and had it sold so was unable to spend much time with it.

Having full 165mm3 up to 37-3800 was never the issue...it was getting past the "Wall" at 4k. Guys are spending thousands of $ to swap to a CMB and correct injectors to get full fuel PAST 4k. Most pulling trucks whether 6.7 or 5.9 based are 4500-5500 in range. 3700 wont cut it pulling and in fact is quite fatal to the lower end in a 6.7 based application.

It would be MUCH more cost effective for these guys to keep their CMC controller and get the full fuel to 4500+ that they can get with the other option.

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 01:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjJx2eFPRo

It took me a solid day of sitting on the rollers but I got it right before I was ready to give up.

Road
October 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
Having full 165mm3 up to 37-3800 was never the issue...it was getting past the "Wall" at 4k. Guys are spending thousands of $ to swap to a CMB and correct injectors to get full fuel PAST 4k. Most pulling trucks whether 6.7 or 5.9 based are 4500-5500 in range. 3700 wont cut it pulling and in fact is quite fatal to the lower end in a 6.7 based application.

It would be MUCH more cost effective for these guys to keep their CMC controller and get the full fuel to 4500+ that they can get with the other option.
Swapping ecm is not needed to get past 4k

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjJx2eFPRo

It took me a solid day of sitting on the rollers but I got it right before I was ready to give up.
Was a .cax needed?

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 01:31 PM
Yes it was, if you are stuck and need a file for a customer of yours PM me ill try and help you out.

:)

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 01:33 PM
Swapping ecm is not needed to get past 4k

Proof??

There are MANY well known tuners that say otherwise without outside efi editing.

You say that

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 01:42 PM
I did it about a month ago. 6.7 CM2100 ECM running 4000+ rpm. That video I posted just above was 100% efilive only.

Unless of course you meant excluding CAX, in which case I do agree with you.

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
I did it about a month ago. 6.7 CM2100 ECM running 4000+ rpm. That video I posted just above was 100% efilive only.

Unless of course you meant excluding CAX, in which case I do agree with you.

My definition of inside efi live is no cax needed.

If you need a cax than its not possible with just public release software.

That's my point, unless you know how to properly find, address and edit the bin, your SOL.

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
Yes it was, if you are stuck and need a file for a customer of yours PM me ill try and help you out.

:)
Pm sent

That's my point, unless you know how to properly find, address and edit the bin, your SOL.
I am on the same page as you!

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM

Thats the way everything is going, you either figure out how to do it yourself, or purchase "base" files with it already done so you can tune on top of it.

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
Thats the way everything is going, you either figure out how to do it yourself, or purchase "base" files with it already done so you can tune on top of it.

Which is precisely why this thread was started...the CMD and CME controllers have high rpm...we're simply asking Ross to look at it again for the CMC.

I know and have read that it was difficult for him the first time around, but being that it's the only controller without high rpm fuel...please look at it again.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:19 PM
Les, I know you use several tuning packages, do any of them have it solved or is there only a select few users that can do it?

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
Ill help out.

OS - 11520902
Addr - 1620EA
Factor - .125

That will get you one of the limiters that everyone is hitting in the ECM.

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
UDC has it, but its done differently than I figured out how to do it. Not sure what switch they found but I was unable to find it.

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Les, I know you use several tuning packages, do any of them have it solved or is there only a select few users that can do it?

I can't confirm on the other platforms, I only use efi for 06-17 trucks.

The "other" company doesn't have DTC'S avail for the CMC, so most don't bother with it.

As for the Mads platform, I can't say if they do or don't.

comnrailpwr
October 2nd, 2017, 02:24 PM
I have used the warp platform on a 12 and it would do fuel past 4k but have never sued it on the CMC controller.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:28 PM
That is strange Mitch, at the time of testing this we had that defined but the problems still existed. I can re-enable it no problem but I hid the cal for the reason below...
It is in a VERY dangerous area of the ECM, if you don't load a modified bin in to EFILive and save the file (so the checksums are corrected) it will brick the ECM.....speaking from experience.
Also, from memory it is not in every OS, the earlier ones did not have it.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
I can't confirm on the other platforms, I only use efi for 06-17 trucks.

The "other" company doesn't have DTC'S avail for the CMC, so most don't bother with it.

As for the Mads platform, I can't say if they do or don't.
Sorry Les, I knew you did for the SCI ECM's and had maybe had a go at the CMC with those softwares too.

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 02:34 PM
Sorry Les, I knew you did for the SCI ECM's and had maybe had a go at the CMC with those softwares too.

No, they have the same approach as you guys do for the dtcs (CMC, CMD and CME) vs just CMD and CME for Efi. So unless tuners can work in a deleted environment with the CMC, no real reason to invest time in finding limiters.

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:34 PM
That is strange Mitch, at the time of testing this we had that defined but the problems still existed. I can re-enable it no problem but I hid the cal for the reason below...
It is in a VERY dangerous area of the ECM, if you don't load a modified bin in to EFILive and save the file (so the checksums are corrected) it will brick the ECM.....speaking from experience.
Also, from memory it is not in every OS, the earlier ones did not have it.

Very weird, I was rummaging around in there quite a bit and the ecm took every flash just fine. Basically what I did was rev out the engine and see what the hard limiter was, in this case IIRC it was 3850 and started looking for that in the BIN and started checking off the instances of it. I was finding the address's in winOLS and using a cax to modify them thus allowing efilive to do the checksums each case.

Now I have about 10 of these limiters cax'd currently and when I finally got it it was around 11pm after looking at it all for 15+ hours so I set all them to 5000rpm and tested it and got it. So I am not sure if all the changes are needed but i had no issues with bricking through and through. I guess I was just lucky then :)

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
Ill help out.

OS - 11520902
Addr - 1620EA
Factor - .125

That will get you one of the limiters that everyone is hitting in the ECM.

So that will kill the nasty hard limit at 3,850 RPM , will they fuel beyond that with what we have in the software if I enable that calibration again?

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:38 PM

This is what UDC has, I looked forever to find a switch like this with no luck.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:40 PM
if you don't load a modified bin in to EFILive and save the file (so the checksums are corrected) it will brick the ECM.....speaking from experience.

I was finding the address's in winOLS and using a cax to modify them thus allowing efilive to do the checksums each case.

Yep we took the hit for everyone on that. I have no idea why Cummins decided that an incorrect checksum in that area should cause the ECM to totally shut down for good :ermm:

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:41 PM
This is what UDC has, I looked forever to find a switch like this with no luck.
It is possibly just an enabler for the series of validity checks it is doing (like that limiter we are talking about). If it fixes the problem too then it must just bypass a lot of things.

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:41 PM
So that will kill the nasty hard limit at 3,850 RPM , will they fuel beyond that with what we have in the software if I enable that calibration again?

I found that it would taper there was 2 or 3 other tables that I found were not in the existing .calz files and when I maxed those out I had no issues with full fueling. This was all on this single manual file, I have not tested on a auto file. But yes it would easily climb up and over that limiter. I am 90% sure that is all that is needed, but like i said I used a sledehammer and changed about 10 different addresses that had at or around 3850 all in one shot and got it, made a video logged it and went to bed lol.

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Yep we took the hit for everyone on that. I have no idea why Cummins decided that an incorrect checksum in that area should cause the ECM to totally shut down for good :ermm:

I will say that this address I posted you cannot edit in calterm, it is a read only value. Which could be why only a very small handful of guys have been able to figure this rpm fueling out.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 02:55 PM
I'm adding in the boost sensor linearization table for the CMC so I can re-activate that 3,850 limiter (though I am hesitant knowing how dangerous it is).

2007 5.9
October 2nd, 2017, 02:59 PM
I'm adding in the boost sensor linearization table for the CMC so I can re-activate that 3,850 limiter (though I am hesitant knowing how dangerous it is).

Can you elaborate to us layman what the concern is and how does that affect us regular tuners?

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 03:12 PM

All I can say is on this OS on this truck I have changed it and it did not brick or anything like that, haha.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 03:19 PM
Can you elaborate to us layman what the concern is and how does that affect us regular tuners?
The checksum region this is sitting in has to be manually defined in the software by us (me), it is figured out using reverse engineering with IDA Pro. If I get something wrong then we have bricks all over the place, I can check and double check the data (which I would have initially) but it is still a calibration that does make me feel uneasy.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 03:20 PM
All I can say is on this OS on this truck I have changed it and it did not brick or anything like that, haha.

So just to clarify though, on that OS 'just' doing that cal eliminates the 3,850 hard limit? Or did you do too many at once to know it was that one specifically?

Mitco39
October 2nd, 2017, 03:46 PM
So just to clarify though, on that OS 'just' doing that cal eliminates the 3,850 hard limit? Or did you do too many at once to know it was that one specifically?

I changed to many at once to know if it was one specifically, but I do know I found this read only value in another software and did confirm it changed when changing this one parameter. I can send a tester tune out with just the one changed and see what happens, it would be a bit though.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 03:48 PM
Out of interest, these are all the additional limiters we had found in CMC (but decided to hide them) because we didn't know how to describe them or in testing at the time they made no difference.
What is shown as B9994 is the one you pointed out Mitch.

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 2nd, 2017, 03:55 PM
Had a lot of stuff hidden in that box in the old CALZ closet !!!!

I found lots of stuff like that in LML code, mapped it, tried it, some did something, others do something, just didn't know what !!

Wish i knew how IDA worked !

GMPX
October 2nd, 2017, 04:12 PM
Wish i knew how IDA worked !
Unfortunately IDA is only as powerful as the person driving it, it is essentially 'dumb', there is no magic button that it tells you what the code is doing.
If you want to work on LML then you need to learn Infineon Tri-Core CPU assembler like you know English (yuk!), for the Cummins you need to know PowerPC assembler at the same level.....no easy path :bawl:

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 2nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
I got IDA PRO for DUMMIES..........still just look in the code until I find a table and map it in.

Found a good bit of stuff..........still looking for stuff.

Road
October 3rd, 2017, 12:14 AM
Out of interest, these are all the additional limiters we had found in CMC (but decided to hide them) because we didn't know how to describe them or in testing at the time they made no difference.
What is shown as B9994 is the one you pointed out Mitch.

Those 3800 RPM are limiters when there is fuel pressure errors (most likely the ones most are hitting). The 3900 is the engine overspeed limit Hyst. No ideal what B9994 is.

2007 5.9
October 3rd, 2017, 02:25 AM
Those 3800 RPM are limiters when theqqre is fuel pressure errors (most likely the ones most are hitting). The 3900 is the engine overspeed limit Hyst. No ideal what B9994 is.

What are these errors you speak of? If my actual meets command up to the hard limit, where is this error?

Road
October 3rd, 2017, 02:55 AM
What are these errors you speak of? If my actual meets command up to the hard limit, where is this error?
Several limiters for fuel pressure and regulator current. Over/under etc..etc..

2007 5.9
October 3rd, 2017, 03:14 AM
Several limiters for fuel pressure and regulator current. Over/under etc..etc..

Which are not available in public release software?

Road
October 3rd, 2017, 03:22 AM
Correct.

Mitco39
October 3rd, 2017, 03:40 AM
I sort of did the same thing, I just mapped a bunch of address's changed them and got that limiter to disappear.

SASDakota
October 3rd, 2017, 03:45 AM
B9994 Should be the hard OS system limit. aka 3850rpm like mitch said.

GMPX
October 3rd, 2017, 09:52 AM

Not currently no, but what I am going to do is just release them like that, no descriptions, just a bunch of numbers so you can kill them off as needed.
I just need to do it over all CMC OS's, but the tricky part is not all OS's have the same set of limiters. Anyway, it is coming Les :good:

comnrailpwr
October 3rd, 2017, 10:00 AM
Not currently no, but what I am going to do is just release them like that, no descriptions, just a bunch of numbers so you can kill them off as needed.
I just need to do it over all CMC OS's, but the tricky part is not all OS's have the same set of limiters. Anyway, it is coming Les :good:
Thanks Ross. Glad some good came out of this thread. Thanks to all those that shared info and are helping Ross out. If I had the knowledge to do so I would. Much appreciation to you guys!!

Dom_c13b
October 3rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
I agree, thank you guys. This has been a great productive thread. I wish that I could have contributed but the cax/bin/hex is beyond me at the moment. I appreciate it!
Thank you

2007 5.9
October 3rd, 2017, 10:07 AM

You know I always appreciate your hard work. Hope I don't come across as a jerk. I'm sure I can speak for most people that we are grateful for efi live and their commitment to giving us the best mapping for the Cummins platform.

GMPX
October 3rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
You know I always appreciate your hard work. Hope I don't come across as a jerk.
No not at all, you just have to read reviews on app stores to realise dealing with you guys on here is a dream :rotflmao:

I kind of feel bad that I had all those limiters in the software hidden for so long, I guess I have in my mind that when we add something in people expect to know what it is doing. In the case of those limiters we aren't 100% sure on them all so I didn't want to put them out there, but in the end if all everyone wants to do is put them to a number where they are not a problem and not worry about what they actually do then descriptions don't matter much.

Dom_c13b
October 3rd, 2017, 10:22 AM
I can't speak for everyone but most of the time we use other means to control max rpm, weather it be throttle tables or boost tables, etc. I don't think many people are using these limiters to control rpm for the most part. Again, just speculating on how I do things. Thanks again!

2007 5.9
October 3rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Ross...while you are in there...can I ask for the "Boost Pressure, Voltage to Pressure Conversion" table be added to the CMC and maybe to the CMD/CME as well?

Its table E3255 for the CMB.

comnrailpwr
October 3rd, 2017, 11:50 PM
I second that les. It is very nice having the ability to scale the sensors on the cmb ecm. I have repurposed multiple of the factory sensors to do something different on competition trucks

SASDakota
October 4th, 2017, 04:12 AM
The newer stuff converts Counts to pressure. A little birdie told me that the CMC charge pressure tables are on the way as well.

GMPX
October 4th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Ross...while you are in there...can I ask for the "Boost Pressure, Voltage to Pressure Conversion" table be added to the CMC and maybe to the CMD/CME as well?

Its table E3255 for the CMB.

That was going to be one of the new surprises for you all, that was asked about recently so good timing. I've put it in for CMC but not CMD/CME at this stage.
I even used American spelling (https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/linearisation) for you all :grin:

2007 5.9
October 4th, 2017, 03:12 PM
So much thanks Ross!!!

GMPX
October 12th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Just a question on this given it is a pretty big job to add these parameters in to ALL supported OS's.
Would it be fair to say that if I just add them in for the OS's that have the option to convert to CSP that would be ok? (Which I've already done).

These are all the OS's that have NO CSP option, is anyone using these on a regular basis that they actually need the extra limiters added in?

Thanks,
Ross

comnrailpwr
October 12th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Works for me! I do not use any of those. All my customers trucks get a csp5 base, even for single tunes. I do that because of EDA.

turbofamily
October 12th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Just a question on this given it is a pretty big job to add these parameters in to ALL supported OS's.
Would it be fair to say that if I just add them in for the OS's that have the option to convert to CSP that would be ok? (Which I've already done).

These are all the OS's that have NO CSP option, is anyone using these on a regular basis that they actually need the extra limiters added in?

Thanks,
Ross

Very fair proposition!

2007 5.9
October 12th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Works for me! I do not use any of those. All my customers trucks get a csp5 base, even for single tunes. I do that because of EDA.

Yep me too....csp base for all tunes.

Dom_c13b
October 12th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Same here, all CSP

GMPX
October 12th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Ok well here is an updated set of .calz files you can use to test with. These won't be included in the software installs yet until we get some feedback.
Includes the new limiters and also the boost sensor rescale.

Can I STRONGLY recommend you do some controlled testing before sending a bunch of tunes out to people if you have customers you need to update with these changes.

I would recommend updating to this release (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27992-Sep-2017-Release-Candidate-3) first, then copy in the .calz files from the attached zip.

Extract the attached zip in to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\CMC

Cheers,
Ross

SASDakota
October 12th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Scale looks good Ross!

Awesome work and THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2007 5.9
October 16th, 2017, 02:43 PM
So ross would you like a log of my truck that is on a limiter? Truck used to die at 3300, now it's at 3600.

New calz are set to 4500.

GMPX
October 16th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Not at the moment sorry Les, I don't have any magic bullets up my sleeve right this minute, I would have to go back and start digging again. Remember I added those years ago but had them hidden, it isn't something I just found.
Unfortunately I am currently working through TWENTY FOUR! new OS's for just the 2013+ Cummins ECM alone (because of the factory Ammonia Delete), these software engineers are out of control.

Actually, send the log over so when I have some time I don't need to chase it up again.

2007 5.9
October 16th, 2017, 03:11 PM
OK well just let me know if/when your ready. Thank you

Mitco39
October 17th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Not at the moment sorry Les, I don't have any magic bullets up my sleeve right this minute, I would have to go back and start digging again. Remember I added those years ago but had them hidden, it isn't something I just found.
Unfortunately I am currently working through TWENTY FOUR! new OS's for just the 2013+ Cummins ECM alone (because of the factory Ammonia Delete), these software engineers are out of control.

Actually, send the log over so when I have some time I don't need to chase it up again.

Awesome glad to know you are adding support for them, I had to deal with one a few months ago, what a mess.

GMPX
October 17th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Yeah, it means my month is done for and then some!
There is two main issues now with the 2013+ that make it even harder, the factory Ammonia delete OS's add fuel to the fire and then the Cummins complier has had an error for a few years now where the 68RFE OS's share the same number as the Manual or Aisin OS's BUT the maps are in different spots. That causes confusion with EFILive so it means we have to map each new OS twice and detect which mapping version to use! Grrrr, should send them an Email asking for that to be fixed :hihi:

ls2trailblazer
March 5th, 2018, 06:44 AM
That was going to be one of the new surprises for you all, that was asked about recently so good timing. I've put it in for CMC but not CMD/CME at this stage.
I even used American spelling (https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/linearisation) for you all :grin:

Any plans to add this to CMD? Also whats the chance you can add the Fan tables to the CMD and CME?

Dieseldave89
September 11th, 2020, 04:57 AM

thank you so much for this boost linearization scaling table. I'm not sure what the units of measurements are on the axis though. I understand the "inhg" one,but there is no label on the other axis and I can't figure out how to scale it for .05-5 volts for the sensor.

for a 5 bar sensor that is good to about 75 psi, the "inhg" axis should be scaled to 152.7 in hg, but how do I scale the other axis for .05v - 5v?

Thank you for any help!

Dieseldave89
September 14th, 2020, 10:08 AM
thank you so much for this boost linearization scaling table. I'm not sure what the units of measurements are on the axis though. I understand the "inhg" one,but there is no label on the other axis and I can't figure out how to scale it for .05-5 volts for the sensor.

for a 5 bar sensor that is good to about 75 psi, the "inhg" axis should be scaled to 152.7 in hg, but how do I scale the other axis for .05v - 5v?

Thank you for any help!

Disregard, I figured it out.

GMPX
September 14th, 2020, 11:10 AM
Sorry I missed your original post, scale it from 0 to 5V by taking the value shown and multiply it by 0.0048828125
Eg:
102 * 0.0048828125 = 0.49 V
920 * 0.0048828125 = 4.49 V
1023 * 0.0048828125 = 4.99 V

As you see the sensor must be quite linear as they are relying on interpolation between 0.49 V and 4.49V

Cheers,
Ross

Dieseldave89
September 15th, 2020, 05:41 AM
Sorry I missed your original post, scale it from 0 to 5V by taking the value shown and multiply it by 0.0048828125
Eg:
102 * 0.0048828125 = 0.49 V
920 * 0.0048828125 = 4.49 V
1023 * 0.0048828125 = 4.99 V

As you see the sensor must be quite linear as they are relying on interpolation between 0.49 V and 4.49V

Cheers,
Ross

thank you for replying. It dawned on my that it was probably already scaled for 0-5v from the factory and was just displayed in a different way than Volts. I changed a few of the search words I was using and was able to find the formula you posted in an Arduino forum that described that it digitally converts 0-5v to 0-1023 Units.

thank you Ross