PDA

View Full Version : Sep 2017, Release Candidate 3

Blacky
September 29th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.12_RC3.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.7_RC3.exe)

Release Candidate Version

This RC3 version may now be used by all EFILive tuners and their customers in production environments.
Barring any serious problems being discovered, this RC3 will become the official public download.
If you do discover a problem with this RC3 software, please report it to EFILive as soon as possible by posting in this thread or by emailing support@efilive.com or by logging a support request in the helpdesk (https://support.efilive.com/).

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_7.htm)

PLEASE read the "Important Changes" section at the top of the "What's New" document.
The way EFILive reports/uses software version numbers has changed (new in RC2).
The way EFILive reports and manages out of range calibrations has changed (new in RC1).

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.12 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.7 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.125 (Sep 28, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-

a78turbo
October 2nd, 2017, 03:00 AM
So far for these OS's I've found the following tables do not have any description.

{B1518} B1518 - no caption yet
{B1519} B1519 - no caption yet
{B1511} B1511 - no caption yet
{B1512} B1512 - no caption yet

rcr1978
October 2nd, 2017, 03:18 PM

Something happen to the LB7 Baro stuff? The MAF injection timing tables are limited to 32 now? Not really important I don't use that anyways but just curious.

Blacky
October 2nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
Something happen to the LB7 Baro stuff? The MAF injection timing tables are limited to 32 now? Not really important I don't use that anyways but just curious.

It appears to be a rounding error between EFILive limit and the ECM limit. They should both be the same value but the EFILive limit is slightly lower than the ECM limit.
If you increase the display precision you can see the discrepancy, investigating...

Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
October 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
So far for these OS's I've found the following tables do not have any description.

{B1518} B1518 - no caption yet
{B1519} B1519 - no caption yet
{B1511} B1511 - no caption yet
{B1512} B1512 - no caption yet

The developer has reviewed the calz files and fixed them. (NOTE: It affected more than just the 3 OS's you listed). Please download and extract to the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E78 folder.

It would be appreciated if you could please let us know how you go before updating the next build.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
October 6th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Paul,

I found this, I drew a red box around it:

Blacky
October 6th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Paul,
I found this, I drew a red box around it:

If you make the window's width narrower, the "hint text" becomes visible. The four entry fields are incorrectly anchored to the right edge of the window which causes them to stretch as the window width is expanded, thus obscuring the "hint text". I'll "un-anchor" them in the next release.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 6th, 2017, 03:52 PM
ok, thanks.

Chuck CoW
October 6th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Paul...

Not sure if it even remotely related, I noticed this in the post you made....

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

After spending over a week logging E92s, I'm still not confident it's working correctly with respect to the commanded fuel pids and the BenFactor pids. (I'm using RC2 and not 3 yet)

Having finally finished up the 2017 E92 job I was having the problems with, I switched to a friend's E67 car and noticed that everything as normal EXCEPT FOR THE E67 Ben Factor.

I tried 3 different pid sets I had used in the past and they all return the same strange numbers which are not consistent with the AFR #s I'm seeing from the wideband.

Realizing that Joe C and I had changed calc_pids.txt a few times, I tried each one going backwards until I got to the one I have been using for years with still no luck.

Not sure if it's even slightly, remotely related, but I might go to work tomorrow and try my old reliable E38 configurations on a simple bolt on car.

I saw you mention that the DMA type pids might get strange results, and I had to ask.

In either case, is there anyone else out there having trouble with Commanded fuel type pids or ben factor pids lately??

It's got me crippled at the moment.....

Thanks
Chuck CoW

a78turbo
October 8th, 2017, 03:01 AM
So far this is working good. I knew what the descriptions should be, but it is confusing for some newer persons. Thank you for updating this issue.

The developer has reviewed the calz files and fixed them. (NOTE: It affected more than just the 3 OS's you listed). Please download and extract to the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E78 folder.

It would be appreciated if you could please let us know how you go before updating the next build.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
October 8th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Not sure if it's even slightly, remotely related, but I might go to work tomorrow and try my old reliable E38 configurations on a simple bolt on car.

I saw you mention that the DMA type pids might get strange results, and I had to ask.

The problem described with DMA PIDs in "Issue #2" comes about because the EFILive software sets up virtual PIDs (DMA PIDs) in the ECM to retrieve data from specific memory locations in the ECM's RAM. That is why they are called DMA (Direct Memory Access) PIDs. Those virtual PIDs' memory locations are "reprogrammed" into the ECM each time a data log is started. If, while data logging, the ignition is switched off and the ECM is allowed to acquiesce (i.e. to go into low power or sleep mode), it may forget the memory location of the one or more DMA PIDs. Then when the ECM wakes up and data logging continues the DMA PIDs may return data from the wrong memory location.

You're not letting the ECM "go to sleep" by switching off the ignition for more than 20-30 seconds while continuing to data log - are you?
If simply restarting the data log does not "fix" the problem then "Issue #2" is not causing the problem.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 8th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Chuck,

the V7 calc_pids.txt file I gave you does not use the _M pids...

see attached. rename it to calc_pids.txt...

select the following pids:
CALC.WO2BEN
SAE.LAMBDA
EXT.WO2LAM1
CALC.MAP:BARO

those will let you tune the VVE tables.

You can see the ECM specific commanded fueling _DMA/_M pids are not necessary, the pid SAE.LAMBDA is sufficient (but this requires you use CALC.WO2BEN from the calc_pids.txt attached).

Edit: if you're using 2 widebands simulataneously, let me know, I have a calc_pids.txt that combines them (selects the leanest on the fly).