PDA

View Full Version : E86B LML Fast Idle Enable

Mitco39
October 4th, 2017, 12:42 PM
I thought I had this figured out but its not working on a truck so I want to confirm what is needed to add this feature into the ECM.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/Upfitter_2_Bul82a_081412.pdf

The customer got the update to both the ECM and BCM and it was working. I flashed in my original file without the fast idle but changed the GMLAN Fast Idle to enable (all I figured I had to do) however after the flash the fast idle ceased to work.

The truck I am working with is a 2015 with a 0477 OS.

Thanks in Advance.

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 5th, 2017, 07:27 AM
E-Brake Set, Cruise turned "ON", in Park

Click the SET Button, should flash fast idle across the DIC and then elevate the idle

Mitco39
October 5th, 2017, 07:34 AM

Click the SET Button, should flash fast idle across the DIC and then elevate the idle

With the E86B the file flashed in directly from GM works. The file I flash in with the PTO enabled does not work. I know it would work on a 11-14 truck.

Road
October 5th, 2017, 07:38 AM

Tony
Will AC Delco subscription allow calling in and getting a VCI number to flash the High Idle?

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 5th, 2017, 07:39 AM
DO A SEGMENT SWAP.

Unless there is some other back end switch a System segment swap with the correct one should work.

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 5th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Tony
Will AC Delco subscription allow calling in and getting a VCI number to flash the High Idle?

I have a Subscription, and yes they can make a change for you to the vehicle build according to TIS when you look up the build and or update it.

Its a specific BCM and ECM Update paired to work, You can use any UF3 High Idle VIN# and get the correct segment update to the BCM, the issue is TIS writes the VIN# to the BCM for the target vehicle requested and not the current VIN# if it lacks UF3 from the factory, once the VIN# in the BCM Changes it locks the radio out !!!

I requested TIS Update my 2012 Denali and mine is now active, BT Diesel works can also do the BCM Update and add a ton of cools stuff as well

Road
October 5th, 2017, 07:43 AM
DO A SEGMENT SWAP.

Unless there is some other back end switch a System segment swap with the correct one should work.
You have the base files for this?

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 5th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Still need the BCM updated, no way around it.

But Yes, I have all of the LML Base Files for all 11-16 model LML and LGH.

Even some frankenstein ones I made for special trucks

Road
October 5th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Still need the BCM updated, no way around it.

But Yes, I have all of the LML Base Files for all 11-16 model LML and LGH.

Even some frankenstein ones I made for special trucks
I think this truck Mitch is working on has the BCM update he needs a base ecm file for it

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 5th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Email me the VIN # and I will send you the correct TIS File Mitch !

Mitco39
October 5th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Email me the VIN # and I will send you the correct TIS File Mitch !

I will do that. I looked through TIS again and looking at my notes it appears TIS said the system segment changed since the last time I recorded it, there is no history of the old segment though, so either I wrote it down wrong or it doesnt show a history in the TIS system when UF3 is added.

Old system segment was 12667418
New System is - 12667419

Thanks guys for your help.

If this is all it is I will put that system segment in and see what we got.