PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GMC 3500 develops problems 2 years after initial tune

south_ms_sprcru
October 15th, 2017, 04:28 PM
My 2012 GMC 3500 has suddenly developed problems that I can't seem to rectify. It was tuned/deleted almost 2 years ago and has been very trouble free this entire time. It's got an S&B CAI, and a new exhaust sans the DPF system. The DEF tank was also deleted completely. Other than that it's completely stock. The problems have started recently (roughly 70k miles since initial tuning/delete). It's been throwing the P0101 code for the last month. I clear it, and it eventually returns. I've replaced the air filter with a brand new unit from S&B, and have cleaned the MAF sensor twice to no avail. As of today, it is now throwing P0101 and P0103 codes. When you clear them, the P0101 code goes away for a bit, but eventually comes back. The P0103 code returns immediately upon starting the truck after you clear them. Today it also gave me a "Emissions Service Required" message in the info center with a mileage countdown until it locks the truck into an under 65mph mode. I've tried reloading the tune that has been in use on the truck this entire time, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

joecar
October 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
You have to troubleshoot/diagnose the P0101 and P0103 using the appropriate chart/table from the GM service manual or equivalent.

GMPX
October 16th, 2017, 12:20 PM
You might want to contact whoever tuned it for you because EFILive doesn't have delete parameters for those trucks so whatever mapping was done would have been external to EFILive, hard to know what has been changed in that case.