PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2017, Release Candidate 4 (AKA Public Release)

Blacky
October 19th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.13_Setup.exe)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.8_Setup.exe)

Release Candidate Version

This version may now be used by all EFILive tuners and their customers in production environments.
Barring any serious problems being discovered, this will become the official public download.
If you do discover a problem with this software, please report it to EFILive as soon as possible by posting in this thread or by emailing support@efilive.com or by logging a support request in the helpdesk (https://support.efilive.com/).

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_8.htm)

PLEASE read the "Important Changes" section at the top of the "What's New" document.
The way EFILive reports/uses software version numbers has changed (new in RC2).
The way EFILive reports and manages out of range calibrations has changed (new in RC1).

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.13 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.8 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.126 (Oct 18, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:
Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-

joecar
October 20th, 2017, 05:59 AM
In V8, when I try to open a listed .ctz (either by double-click or by rightclick->Open Item), I get this error popup...

( I verified that the file's path/name actually exists )

Blacky
October 21st, 2017, 07:37 AM
In V8, when I try to open a listed .ctz (either by double-click or by rightclick->Open Item), I get this error popup...

( I verified that the file's path/name actually exists )

What happens if you double click on the actual file from Windows Explorer? Does it open the file?
Does it create a new entry in the EFILive V8 Quick Start list?
If a new entry is created, can you see any difference between the old (not-working entry) and the new one? Look in the file \Documents\EFILive\v8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.in i in the [MRU Tune] section to compare the quick start entries.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 21st, 2017, 09:50 AM
What happens if you double click on the actual file from Windows Explorer? Does it open the file?
The file opens in V7 tunetool.

Does it create a new entry in the EFILive V8 Quick Start list?No, it did not.

BlackCPG
October 22nd, 2017, 12:17 PM
When the option to show out of range calibrations is enabled and a cal with a bitmask is loaded, it will show the limit for the entire field rather than just the value that is displayed/saved.

See below: 16b field 8b mask. Multiplier is 32.

GMPX
October 22nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
Is this 68RFE parameters?

BlackCPG
October 22nd, 2017, 02:05 PM
Yes

BlackCPG
October 22nd, 2017, 02:27 PM
Doing some testing, if you max it out it does not modify the entire field. It works as designed, just displayed odd.

GMPX
October 22nd, 2017, 04:51 PM
68RFE tables, what can I say, who came up with that concept! :ermm:
I think the issue is going to be the MAX limit is taken as the whole 16 bits, unfortunately the tune tool was never designed to handle axis and value interwoven so we too have to do workarounds for that.

Blacky
October 23rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
The file opens in V7 tunetool.

No, it did not.

What if you right click the file in Windows Explorer and select "Open with EFILive V8"
Regards
Paul

joecar
October 23rd, 2017, 08:15 AM
What if you right click the file in Windows Explorer and select "Open with EFILive V8"
Regards
PaulOnce I did that, now it works properly, thanks.

joecar
October 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
Paul, look at the About button: