PDA

View Full Version : No throttle in gear E38 - 6L80

Andrew Richmond
November 6th, 2017, 02:15 PM
We have a vehicle we have just fitted a LS3 - 6L80 into. A conversion we have done many times before. This car was a L76 - 6L80 before. We have swapped out both the engine, trans and E38 ECM but not the loom. Engine starts and revs correctly. Once the vehicle is put into gear it will not accelerate. The throttle pedal becomes some what unresponsive. Take the vehicle back out of gear and throttle works again. The E38 is programmed for auto trans. There is no fault codes, tap up, tap down works correctly. Just no throttle. That doesn't mean the throttle is the issue rather than something I assume in programming that restricts its operation once reverse or drive is selected. Has anybody come across this before?

joecar
November 6th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Moved to E38 section for better traction.

Andrew Richmond
November 6th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Joe,
I am confused if this help advice or a statement. Can you explain further?

Andrew Richmond
November 6th, 2017, 02:51 PM

Thanks Joe. I understand, you moved the post to E38 section. Took me a minute. Thanks

joecar
November 6th, 2017, 03:25 PM
( I thought more people doing E38 stuff would see your thread if it was moved to the E38 tuning section of the forum rather than staying in the Scanning General section )

( sorry, I'm a linux kernel programmer by trade :), I can be terse sometimes :doh: )

Andrew Richmond
November 10th, 2017, 09:10 PM
We have had our issue sorted. We had done nothing wrong but apparently the particular operating system in the E38 is a bit temperamental. Changed the OS and bingo. Everything works as it should.

joecar
November 11th, 2017, 04:31 AM
ok good to hear it worked out.