PDA

View Full Version : shift points

shawn prellwitz
November 7th, 2017, 11:12 AM
i am new to efi live. i had a friend install mine this past weekend and everything went well.
the one concern i have is the shift points in my transmission are so close together and at 3000 rpm.
its doesnt seem normal to me and i dont want my transmission to burn up. anyone have this problem.

joecar
November 7th, 2017, 01:06 PM
what year/model/vehicle...?

post your .ctz file.

shawn prellwitz
November 7th, 2017, 01:14 PM
what year/model/vehicle...?

post your .ctz file.

thanks for responding
i have a 2015 duramax.

not sure what .ctz file is?

joecar
November 7th, 2017, 01:37 PM
You might want to post in the Diesel -> Duramax section of the forum (so that people who travel there will see your question)...

.ctz is your tune file.

shawn prellwitz
November 7th, 2017, 01:45 PM
thanks joecar.
yeah im not familiar with this at all. i had a friend install it.
i know we did the tow tune. yesterday i was concerned about the shift points so i tried going back to the full lml stock and it did not turn out well for me so i did go back to tow tune.
do you know if there is a transmission tune i would need as well?

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2017, 11:12 AM
You'll need to work with the tuner who provided your tunes to troubleshoot this and have them provide you with an updated tune.

shawn prellwitz
November 8th, 2017, 12:20 PM
do you think a tcm tune is needed? i just put this tune in last saturday. do i need to update the controller i just got a week ago?

ScarabEpic22
November 9th, 2017, 06:35 AM
do you think a tcm tune is needed? i just put this tune in last saturday. do i need to update the controller i just got a week ago?

You'll have to work with your tuner, at this point your AutoCal is simply a physical piece of hardware that EFILive manufactures. They (and we on the forum) have no idea what the tune looks like, nor can we assist beyond the basic troubleshooting as your tuner is the one who built the custom tune for your truck.

Sounds like you need a TCM tune as well, but that's really a conversation you need to have with your tuner based on the goals for your truck.

joecar
November 9th, 2017, 08:04 AM
+1 discuss with your tuner as Erik said

( AutoCal is just the tool to read/write calibrations from/to ECM or TCM... the tuner/person puts in the modifications )

Agustina
October 1st, 2018, 09:18 PM
You'll need to work with the tuner who provided your tunes to troubleshoot this and have them provide you with an updated tune.