PDA

View Full Version : E38 Schematic

Ridley
November 13th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Hey folks,

New to the forums, just got a Flashscan recently and am excited to jump down the rabbit hole! Been reading through the documentation and forum a bit and I thought I'd ask about something that seems notably absent...

If an ECM is a "black box" that takes in a bunch of sensor inputs and spits out fuel and spark timing there is of course some logic that is followed to do this. My question is: has this logic been laid out in a schematic form somewhere (particularly for the E38)? I have in mind a diagram that includes all of the programmed parameters/tables with a bunch of arrows and formulas that shows how they get rolled up into the ECM's output signals. The parameter descriptions in the software are great but I'm trying to get a better sense of how they all play together. This may have been asked 1000 times already but I wasn't able to find much so figured I would risk asking again.

Cheers

joecar
November 14th, 2017, 11:39 AM
+1 on your comment...

mostly, the schematic you speak of is in peoples heads... I don't know if anyone has mapped it out physically... and can't hurt to ask.

Ridley
November 16th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Well, I'm about to go through this learning process so I might take a crack at it. If I come up with anything valuable I'll post it

joecar
November 17th, 2017, 06:26 AM
ok, thanks.