PDA

View Full Version : Changing Calibration ID on E92 ECMs

amehrnia
December 4th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Hi everybody,

I am very new in this place and appreciate you patience with me in advance.

I have an E92 ECM that belongs to a 2016 Chevy Colorado and want to swap it to a 2016 Chevy Tahoe. I changed the VIN using EFILive Scan V7.5 but couldn't figure out how to change the Calibrations. I even tried EFILive Tune 7.5 but the "Program PCM with Currently Loaded Calibration" option is not enabled on E92s.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

joecar
December 4th, 2017, 10:03 AM
You would have to do a Full Flash (Operating System and Calibration)...

BUT you would have to make sure the new OS was compatible with your ECM.

amehrnia
December 4th, 2017, 11:35 AM
You would have to do a Full Flash (Operating System and Calibration)...

BUT you would have to make sure the new OS was compatible with your ECM.

After full-flash I can use the *.calz file?

The reason that I am asking is I have found the right calibration in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E92" folder, but don't know how to use them.

joecar
December 4th, 2017, 12:53 PM
The .calz files are not the calibrations, they are the calibration definitions...

you want a .ctz file, you either have to read it from an E92, or you have to obtain it from someone.

ScarabEpic22
December 4th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I believe E92s are similar to E38/E67/E39s in that you MUST make sure the OS' are compatible otherwise you will brick the ECM. The correct way to change the OS on these later ECMs is to use GM SPS as EFILive does not flash the DBW CPU (as it cannot be read).

GMPX
December 4th, 2017, 01:36 PM
The correct way to change the OS on these later ECMs is to use GM SPS as EFILive does not flash the DBW CPU (as it cannot be read).
That is true but then again SPS doesn't do compatibility checks so you can corrupt/brick ECM's with SPS....GM, did it really need to be this hard?

ScarabEpic22
December 5th, 2017, 05:48 AM
That is true but then again SPS doesn't do compatibility checks so you can corrupt/brick ECM's with SPS....GM, did it really need to be this hard?

Yep, it *shouldn't* be that hard, but GM hasn't implemented it so flash at your own risk!!

amehrnia
December 7th, 2017, 08:15 AM
I have the same issue with E38 computers as well. I explained my problem with an example here:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28134-Changing-calibration-for-E38-ECU

Again, thanks for the patience and help