PDA

View Full Version : 60 degrees commanded ignition timing

PSI
December 4th, 2017, 08:27 PM
For some reason the computer is commanding close to 60 degrees of timing even under full load . How my engine survived the 500 mile trip is beyond me with that kind of timing lol . Its a 2003 lq4 , with SD3 OS running N/A . I did a full reflash and it was still commanding close to 45 . I have no idea whats going on I have checked all the tables . I'm attaching my log files and tune . Any help would be appreciated .

Also this setup is in a 2009 jeep wrangler , and I am running this tach emulator from novak adapters . I'm having a hard time getting it to work , I put in a pull up resistor as told by them guys . Changed the high/low tacho pulses to 3 as requested by them . Now they are telling me and I can't remember correctly what exactly they said but HP tuners has another setting which I couldn't find in efilive that says 'tach output' that needs to be changed to 'crank' . Is there anything like that . Once again thanks .

joecar
December 5th, 2017, 07:04 AM
I don't see anything in your .ctz file that would cause spark timing to go that high...

try doing another full flash.

PSI
December 6th, 2017, 09:01 PM
I will try that , weird thing is the ecu wont start adding timing right away, it happens after about 10 -15 mins of steady cruising.

joecar
December 7th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Hmmm, very curious...

ProperTuningOG
December 9th, 2017, 11:00 AM
How are you failing to speed density? Is there a maf hooked up at all?

PSI
February 25th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Still haven't resolved the issue , tried full reflash a few times. Tried the custom SD OS 3, 2 bar and 1 bar with same results .

PSI
February 25th, 2018, 08:57 PM
How are you failing to speed density? Is there a maf hooked up at all?

Custom OS , no MAF

PSI
February 25th, 2018, 09:35 PM

Also not related , I keep getting these codes . They only happen at a cold start after I put it in drive and idling . Once the codes are triggered the engine stalls and wont start again till I clear the codes . Has happened a bunch of times . Pissed a lot of people the one time it quit at a light during morning rush hour . Now I just kick it into neutral everytime I stop at a light and the engine is still cold . I did some searching and what I figured most people that have the problem are running FI setups and happens during boost . But my setup is N/A and it only happens at low airflow conditions.

statesman
February 25th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Still haven't resolved the issue , tried full reflash a few times. Tried the custom SD OS 3, 2 bar and 1 bar with same results .

What map sensor are you using?

joecar
February 26th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Two problems: MAP is out of bounds, MAP/MAF correlation is out of bounds.

+1 what statesman said.

Did P0106 just start showing up (or was it always there)...?

Did P1514 just show up after tuning...? Check for this again after you fix P0106.

PSI
February 26th, 2018, 09:26 AM
What map sensor are you using?

Its a 3 BAR GM brick style sensor . Was running a turbo earlier , hence the 3 BAR sensor . I have a stock GM 1 BAR sensor laying around will try that . Still doesn't explain the excessive timing commanded by the ECU .What I can't understand is when there is nothing in spark table over 30 some degrees , where is it getting the numbers from ? I have a spare ECU laying around was debating switching it over , will have to buy a licence for it first though . Any other suggestions ?

PSI
February 26th, 2018, 09:39 AM
All three codes show up at the same time and only under the stated conditions . The only other issue I've had it, was once I was cruising in the mountains going about 70 mph , it gradually started going lean , till it completely quit . I thought I had run out of gas or the fuel pump quit , even though the gauge indicated half a tank . Hooked up the efilive controller to see if there were any codes , there were none . Tried a calibration only reflash , still no go . Tried a full flash and it started right up . Boy that was a sigh of relief , I was 250 miles away from home , that would have been one expensive tow bill . I was going up a mountain pass , so gaining altitude quickly probably a 5% grade for 20 miles .

joecar
February 26th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Since you're running no-MAF, you want the MAF DTC to show up always, regardless of anything/everything else.