PDA

View Full Version : Glow plug timer??

CDR
December 7th, 2017, 07:08 PM
I don't see a column any where for this? I'm I just missing this?

DURAtotheMAX
December 10th, 2017, 04:40 AM
I don't see a column any where for this? I'm I just missing this?

Why would you ever need to adjust that

CDR
December 11th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Why would you ever need to adjust that

Shorter run time = longer glow plug life.... hey Ben how about my auto sync order could you email me davidnykp@aol.com

DURAtotheMAX
December 11th, 2017, 03:19 AM
Shorter run time = longer glow plug life.... hey Ben how about my auto sync order could you email me davidnykp@aol.com

Great way to screw up a lot of stuff. GM has millions of dollars into that glow plug controller and system. It has a 32-bit processor and is more powerful than an entire LB7 ECM.

Its not an egg timer. This isnt a 1985 6.2 diesel.

Leave it alone. I dont understand why anyone would think they can "tune" the glow plugs better than GM lol. BTW the GPCM has the final say in everything anyways, the ECM doesnt do all that much other than report operating conditions via CAN.

They heat up in 4 seconds at -20*................

DURAtotheMAX
December 11th, 2017, 03:29 AM
And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Log it, sniff the CAN bus, learn how the GPCM works, take one apart, and read up some white papers on cold start diesel logic. Then decide if you still want to ruin the engine and turn it into a loud, smelly, smokey, hard starting beast by making the glow plug timer less than the agonizingly long 4 seconds lol.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed.

GMPX
December 11th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Its not an egg timer. This isnt a 1985 6.2 diesel.
:rotflmao:

CDR
December 11th, 2017, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=DURAtotheMAX;242501]And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Log it, sniff the CAN bus, learn how the GPCM works, take one apart, and read up some white papers on cold start diesel logic. Then decide if you still want to ruin the engine and turn it into a loud, smelly, smokey, hard starting beast by making the glow plug timer less than the agonizingly long 4 seconds lol.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed

Wow so much anger! You do realize there are many people who did glow plug deletes? Trust me I’m not looking for smoker starts. On my previous trucks i was able to complete shut them off at 50 degrees and above and never saw one smoky start and never had a dead glow plug. As far as ruining the motor from lack of flow plug timing I would highly doubt unless your starting and stopping the motor hundred times a day when it’s 20

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 14th, 2017, 04:49 AM
And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed.

Tell US ALL how you really feel !!!

LOL