PDA

View Full Version : LML Modes?

CDR
December 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Are the modes defined some place? I noticed there is almost 5 modes? The timing for each is VERY different... I miss when EFI live added a description in the box of what the table does. So much of this LML tuning seems so incomplete... :wallbash:

Snipesy
December 8th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Bosch made them ambiguous. Their usage is based on rules in other parts of the calibration (not the os).

It would take a very very long time to reverse engineer those rules. It would be easier just to make a drop in replacement.

But you can start noticing when each mode is used in practice. It's just not concrete and there are lots of edge cases where a mode mostly used for regeneration is also used when starting the vehicle. Sometimes the modes like to mix and match which adds a whole nother layer of complexity.

CDR
December 9th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Bosch made them ambiguous. Their usage is based on rules in other parts of the calibration (not the os).

It would take a very very long time to reverse engineer those rules. It would be easier just to make a drop in replacement.

But you can start noticing when each mode is used in practice. It's just not concrete and there are lots of edge cases where a mode mostly used for regeneration is also used when starting the vehicle. Sometimes the modes like to mix and match which adds a whole nother layer of complexity.

Wow didn't know it was so complexed. I wish there was a simpler anwser hard to figure out what table to modify

GMPX
December 10th, 2017, 03:01 PM
NOTHING on Bosch controllers is simple or straight forward, why I have so much love for them :ranting: